Lindsay Lohan Recreates Marilyn Monroe's Final Nude Photo-Shoot for New York Magazine
Has been keeping herself away from wide media coverage following her latest rehab stay, Lindsay Lohan has resurfaced. The actress, who's considerably sexy, has bared all for New York Magazine's February 25, 2008 issue. She is following in the footsteps of famous blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe by recreating the late star's final nude photo-shoot.
The actress and pop star appears naked on the front of the magazine, covered up only by a see through pink scarf. The shoot was done by famed photographer Bert Stern, who also shot Monroe's "The Last Sitting" which was done shortly before she died.
Stern photographed Monroe back in 1962 at the Hotel Bel-Air in California, six weeks before she was found dead from an overdose of barbiturates. Those images for Vogue Magazine featured Monroe in next to nothing, posed nude with some scarves and jewelry as her accessories and sipped champagne.
As of Lindsay, she was photographed at the same hotel by Stern on date 5 this month, donned a blonde Monroe wig for the sexy shoot.
Claimed that she was "comfortable" with the nude shoot, Lindsay in fact admitted that she had done 250 sit ups the night before to prepare.
Went on telling the magazine that she is a huge Monroe fan and has even bought an apartment where she once lived, Lindsay said "If you saw my house, I have a lot of Marilyn stuff. It's eerie because it's this picture of her, and it's kind of cartoony, and there's a big bottle of pills next to her, and they've fallen over. Here is a woman who is giving herself to the public. She's saying, 'Look, you've taken a lot from me, so why don't I give it to you myself.' She's taking control back."
See Lindsay's nude photos for New York Magazine, plus behind the scenes at the photo shoot, on the publication's official Website.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns