39th NAACP Image Awards Grant Alicia Keys a Big Win
It was an almost absolute win in the music category of 39th Annual NAACP Image Awards that honor outstanding people of color in film, television, music, and literature. Alicia Keys was showered with spotlight when she gained four wins including best Album, Song, Female Artist and Music Video.
"As I Am" was honored the best album while its second single "Like You'll Never See Me Again" gained two for best music video and best song. Keys is also named Female Artist, being the opposite of Chris Brown who gained the Male Artist title.
Other notable names in the music field is Herbie Hancock who earlier this month sent a shock to music industry by winning Album of the Year at the 50th Annual Grammy Awards. Hancock took home the Jazz Artist nod.
Meanwhile, American Idol alumna Jordin Sparks got a share of spotlight when she was announced as the winner of New Artist. Gospel Artist is given to Kirk Franklin, Duo or Group for Eddie and Gerald Levert and World Music Album for Angelique Kidjo's "Djin Djin".
The awards were handed out in a ceremony held at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on February 14 and broadcast by FOX live. It also saw Aretha Franklin being the recipient of NAACP Vanguard Award and Stevie Wonder inducted to NAACP Image Awards Hall of Fame.
More Alicia Keys News
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!