Gnarls Barkley to Determine Lead Single and Wrap Up 2nd Set Soon
Gnarls Barkley will soon wrap up the follow up to their critically-acclaimed debut album 'St. Elsewhere'. The duo are still determining which of the two songs they previewed at RollingStone.com will be made the lead single of the album which is tentatively titled 'Atlantis'.
The two songs have been said to have different sound with one leaning on funky rhythm and the other on "fierce ballad". Gnarls reportedly favored more on the latter which has the lyrics "Who's gonna save my soul now? / I know I'm out of control" and been confirmed by Billboard.com to have made the cut.
Previously scheduled for a December release, the album is now aimed for an April release. Rumor has it that the two are recording in a secret studio location near Atlanta.
After listening to the new materials, RollingStone issued a verdict that the duo consisting of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse "have produced another album of super-catchy tunes that veer between retro-soul shakedowns, tricked-out psychedelic rock and trunk-rattling hip-hop."
Gnarls Barkley received applaud for their hit single 'Crazy' and handed a Grammy last year for 'Best Urban/Alternative Performance'.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy