Gnarls Barkley to Determine Lead Single and Wrap Up 2nd Set Soon
Gnarls Barkley will soon wrap up the follow up to their critically-acclaimed debut album 'St. Elsewhere'. The duo are still determining which of the two songs they previewed at RollingStone.com will be made the lead single of the album which is tentatively titled 'Atlantis'.
The two songs have been said to have different sound with one leaning on funky rhythm and the other on "fierce ballad". Gnarls reportedly favored more on the latter which has the lyrics "Who's gonna save my soul now? / I know I'm out of control" and been confirmed by Billboard.com to have made the cut.
Previously scheduled for a December release, the album is now aimed for an April release. Rumor has it that the two are recording in a secret studio location near Atlanta.
After listening to the new materials, RollingStone issued a verdict that the duo consisting of Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse "have produced another album of super-catchy tunes that veer between retro-soul shakedowns, tricked-out psychedelic rock and trunk-rattling hip-hop."
Gnarls Barkley received applaud for their hit single 'Crazy' and handed a Grammy last year for 'Best Urban/Alternative Performance'.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle