John Legend Sky High for a Grammy Concert
Amid the doubt of this year's Grammy Awards ceremony, plans are going ahead on the commemoration of the event that will enter its 50th year. Singer John Legend is slated to get on board an in-flight plane and perform a concert for a number of lucky sweepstakes winners.
As many as 50 to 60 people who win a series of sweepstakes on the websites of participating CBS stations and affiliates, will be treated with a 30-minute acoustic set from the soul singer. The Delta Air Lines' Boeing 757 plane which is branded with Grammy will take off from New York on February 7 and land in Los Angeles.
On this participation Legend said "I look forward to performing this unique concert in the skies with my biggest fans. It's certainly something I've never done before, so if you want to join me for a free ride to the Grammy Awards, enter the contest. Let's get lifted!"
Meanwhile, The Recording Academy is still fighting for their chances to get a support from Writers Guild of America in conducting the annual ceremony. The organization that owns the Grammy is now asking its members to sign a petition to WGA so that they are granted a waiver from the striking writers.
The online petition that was distributed by Recording Academy's president Neil Portnow was read: "As a member of The Recording Academy, I would like to express my strong support for the Grammy Awards, and to encourage the WGA to accept the interim agreement offered by the producers of the Grammys.... During this important 50th anniversary year, I support the Grammys and strongly urge the guild to do the same."
The 2008 Grammy Awards ceremony is scheduled to take place on 10 February at Los Angeles' Staples Center. Organizers have vowed to go on with the show solo even if the members of WGA are not participating. Beyonce Knowles and Foo Fighters have confirmed their performance in the show.
More John Legend News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special