Rihanna Teams Up with H&M for Its Fashion Against AIDS Collection
Widely known as a popular R&B singer, Rihanna is giving hand at designing fashion. The Barbadian songbird who made her catwalk debut back on September 27, strutted her stuff down the catwalk for the Dsquared2 Spring/Summer 2008 collection presented in Milan, Italy, is partnering with H&M and Designers Against AIDS (DAA) for the so-called "Fashion Against AIDS."
Some other musicians who offer their design services for free including Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, Timbaland, Ziggy Marley, and Jade Jagger.
"Fashion Against AIDS" which will be launched in February is meant to raise awareness of the disease among teens with slogans like "Believe" and "Stop and Think." Prices are expected to range from $12 to $34 with 25% from the collection will go to HIV/AIDS-prevention projects around the world.
The collection, aimed for teens aged 15 to 24, will among others include t-shirts, tank tops, and hooded sweaters which feature a signature print created by the person who designed it and a hang tag that says "This might be the most important piece of clothing you've ever had your hands on."
"Supporting YouthAIDS through the Fashion Against AIDS campaign was a great way to encourage my fans to join me in the fight against HIV/AIDS. I love that H&M is providing a fashionable and easy way for young people all over the world to get involved in this worthy cause," Rihanna said in a statement.
Designers Against AIDS (DAA) is a non-profit organization that seeks to mold public opinion through joint ventures between fashion designers, musicians and other artists, initiated the venture.
More Rihanna News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson