No More Amy Winehouse's Tour This Year
Of what came as expected, Amy Winehouse's tour has been scrapped for the rest of its 2007 schedule. Besides already starting off badly with Winehouse forgetting her lyrics and creating other stage disasters, the singer couldn't restrain the fact that her husband is in jail.
"I can't give it my all onstage without my Blake," Winehouse said as quoted by US Weekly. "I'm so sorry but I don't want to do the shows half-heartedly. I love singing. My husband is everything to me and without him it's just not the same."
The decision apparently did not solely come from Winehouse. Her doctor reportedly told her to take a "complete rest" in concern of her already worrying health. The concert promoter also released a statement to BBC saying that "the rigors involved in touring and the intense emotional strain that Amy has been under in recent weeks" also contributes to the cancellation.
All of the European gigs are chopped and ticket refunds are available at points of purchase. Family of the singer has asked for privacy and no further statement will be released.
Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was arrested earlier this month just before she began the European leg. He was incarcerated for allegedly causing bodily harm to Macbeth's barman, James King in June. Recent court hearing denied Fielder-Civil's plea of bail, sending him a Christmas in jail.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower