No More Amy Winehouse's Tour This Year
Of what came as expected, Amy Winehouse's tour has been scrapped for the rest of its 2007 schedule. Besides already starting off badly with Winehouse forgetting her lyrics and creating other stage disasters, the singer couldn't restrain the fact that her husband is in jail.
"I can't give it my all onstage without my Blake," Winehouse said as quoted by US Weekly. "I'm so sorry but I don't want to do the shows half-heartedly. I love singing. My husband is everything to me and without him it's just not the same."
The decision apparently did not solely come from Winehouse. Her doctor reportedly told her to take a "complete rest" in concern of her already worrying health. The concert promoter also released a statement to BBC saying that "the rigors involved in touring and the intense emotional strain that Amy has been under in recent weeks" also contributes to the cancellation.
All of the European gigs are chopped and ticket refunds are available at points of purchase. Family of the singer has asked for privacy and no further statement will be released.
Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was arrested earlier this month just before she began the European leg. He was incarcerated for allegedly causing bodily harm to Macbeth's barman, James King in June. Recent court hearing denied Fielder-Civil's plea of bail, sending him a Christmas in jail.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville