'Break the Ice', Britney Spears' Second Single?
Apart from the prediction that her album will enter at #1 in Billboard Hot 200 chart this week, rumors are circulating that Britney Spears will release 'Break the Ice' as the second single from 'Blackout'.
The interesting fact is, synth-driven 'Break the Ice' is produced by the same team who did the successful 'Gimme More'. Kara DioGuardi, Keri Hilson, Nate "Danja" Hills and Marcella Araica have all penned the two upbeat tunes. 'Gimme More' has so far peaked at #3 in Billboard Hot Singles chart.
Last week, Nielsen Soundscan counted 125,000 copies of 'Blackout' were sold in just one day, opening the huge chance to sit at #1. If this should happen, she will break her own record of being the first female artist in SoundScan history to have her first five studio albums opening at #1.
'Break the Ice' should have hit the radio outlets in mid-November if the rumor is true.
Update: 'Blackout' has been beaten by Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' to reign in UK Albums chart on Sunday (November 4).
'Break the Ice' by Britney Spears:
More Britney Spears News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent