'Break the Ice', Britney Spears' Second Single?
Apart from the prediction that her album will enter at #1 in Billboard Hot 200 chart this week, rumors are circulating that Britney Spears will release 'Break the Ice' as the second single from 'Blackout'.
The interesting fact is, synth-driven 'Break the Ice' is produced by the same team who did the successful 'Gimme More'. Kara DioGuardi, Keri Hilson, Nate "Danja" Hills and Marcella Araica have all penned the two upbeat tunes. 'Gimme More' has so far peaked at #3 in Billboard Hot Singles chart.
Last week, Nielsen Soundscan counted 125,000 copies of 'Blackout' were sold in just one day, opening the huge chance to sit at #1. If this should happen, she will break her own record of being the first female artist in SoundScan history to have her first five studio albums opening at #1.
'Break the Ice' should have hit the radio outlets in mid-November if the rumor is true.
Update: 'Blackout' has been beaten by Eagles' 'Long Road Out of Eden' to reign in UK Albums chart on Sunday (November 4).
'Break the Ice' by Britney Spears:
More Britney Spears News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences