Britney Spears' 'Blackout' Selling High on Day One
It looks like Britney Spears' 'Blackout' will not only reach #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart ending next week (November 7), but also breaking the number record this year. The album has sold an approximate 124,000 copies just on the first day after its release on October 30.
The report was issued by Nielsen SoundScan yesterday (October 31) based on the data accumulated from eight music chains. The estimation from Zomba reach 330,000 to 350,000 in the opening week, according to Billboard.com. It potentially doubles up when the number is revealed on Thursday (November 8).
This week Carrie Underwood claimed the top spot after selling a total of 527,000 units of her sophomore effort 'Carnival Ride'. Still, her first day count last week was marked 49,000, more than half that of Britney's.
Meanwhile, Britney is receiving opposition from the Christians after posing for a 'flavored' religious-themed photos in the booklet of 'Blackout' as seen above.
Catholic.org wrote: "The continued growth of anti-Catholicism is only one more sign of a culture corrupted. Sadly, the entertainment industry seems to be the medium of the last acceptable prejudice. Britney Spears' new album 'Blackout' promotes the mocking of a Catholic Sacrament."
More Britney Spears News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna