Britney Spears' 'Blackout' Selling High on Day One
It looks like Britney Spears' 'Blackout' will not only reach #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart ending next week (November 7), but also breaking the number record this year. The album has sold an approximate 124,000 copies just on the first day after its release on October 30.
The report was issued by Nielsen SoundScan yesterday (October 31) based on the data accumulated from eight music chains. The estimation from Zomba reach 330,000 to 350,000 in the opening week, according to Billboard.com. It potentially doubles up when the number is revealed on Thursday (November 8).
This week Carrie Underwood claimed the top spot after selling a total of 527,000 units of her sophomore effort 'Carnival Ride'. Still, her first day count last week was marked 49,000, more than half that of Britney's.
Meanwhile, Britney is receiving opposition from the Christians after posing for a 'flavored' religious-themed photos in the booklet of 'Blackout' as seen above.
Catholic.org wrote: "The continued growth of anti-Catholicism is only one more sign of a culture corrupted. Sadly, the entertainment industry seems to be the medium of the last acceptable prejudice. Britney Spears' new album 'Blackout' promotes the mocking of a Catholic Sacrament."
More Britney Spears News
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors