George Clooney in Line for G.I. Joe's Duke?
Initial possible candidate to play Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", or "Untitled Stephen Sommers Project" as Paramount Pictures refers to, has popped up to the surface. The actor in question surprisingly turns out to be Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney, according to IESB.net.
The site appears to have heard whispers from industry sources saying that the A-list actor has been offered the part and is quite sure that the tidbit is legit though it does advise its readers to take it with a grain of salt.
Rumor has been circulating that Clooney's departure from Joe Carnahan's "White Jazz" was not solely because of scheduling conflicts, but also due to his intention of looking for a blockbuster title he could star in. It is thereby possible that "G.I. Joe" could be the one fitting the bill.
As for the character Clooney is speculated to be up for, Duke is the code name of First Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser and one of the key characters in the original military-themed toys line. He is described to be fluent in English, French, and German, as well as several Southeast Asian dialects while once served as an instructor in four different Special Forces schools.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake