George Clooney in Line for G.I. Joe's Duke?
Initial possible candidate to play Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", or "Untitled Stephen Sommers Project" as Paramount Pictures refers to, has popped up to the surface. The actor in question surprisingly turns out to be Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney, according to IESB.net.
The site appears to have heard whispers from industry sources saying that the A-list actor has been offered the part and is quite sure that the tidbit is legit though it does advise its readers to take it with a grain of salt.
Rumor has been circulating that Clooney's departure from Joe Carnahan's "White Jazz" was not solely because of scheduling conflicts, but also due to his intention of looking for a blockbuster title he could star in. It is thereby possible that "G.I. Joe" could be the one fitting the bill.
As for the character Clooney is speculated to be up for, Duke is the code name of First Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser and one of the key characters in the original military-themed toys line. He is described to be fluent in English, French, and German, as well as several Southeast Asian dialects while once served as an instructor in four different Special Forces schools.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs