George Clooney in Line for G.I. Joe's Duke?
Initial possible candidate to play Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", or "Untitled Stephen Sommers Project" as Paramount Pictures refers to, has popped up to the surface. The actor in question surprisingly turns out to be Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney, according to IESB.net.
The site appears to have heard whispers from industry sources saying that the A-list actor has been offered the part and is quite sure that the tidbit is legit though it does advise its readers to take it with a grain of salt.
Rumor has been circulating that Clooney's departure from Joe Carnahan's "White Jazz" was not solely because of scheduling conflicts, but also due to his intention of looking for a blockbuster title he could star in. It is thereby possible that "G.I. Joe" could be the one fitting the bill.
As for the character Clooney is speculated to be up for, Duke is the code name of First Sergeant Conrad S. Hauser and one of the key characters in the original military-themed toys line. He is described to be fluent in English, French, and German, as well as several Southeast Asian dialects while once served as an instructor in four different Special Forces schools.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says