John Travolta Ready to Face Denzel Washington in Pelham 123
Set to take his first action role in years, John Travolta is currently in negotiations for a starring part in "Taking of Pelham 123", Columbia Pictures' remake of the 1974 feature, Variety has reported.
Travolta, who is said to get heavily courted by director Tony Scott to join the project, is likely to play the leader of a quartet that hijacks a New York subway train should deals are made. The actor last played the figurative heavy in 2004's "The Punisher" opposite Thomas Jane.
Oscar winner Denzel Washington has already boarded the flick to play the chief detective of security for the subway, a role originated by Walter Matthau in the original. Filming is slated to begin early next year with Scott helming from a script by David Koepp as well as producing alongside Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities