John Travolta Ready to Face Denzel Washington in Pelham 123
Set to take his first action role in years, John Travolta is currently in negotiations for a starring part in "Taking of Pelham 123", Columbia Pictures' remake of the 1974 feature, Variety has reported.
Travolta, who is said to get heavily courted by director Tony Scott to join the project, is likely to play the leader of a quartet that hijacks a New York subway train should deals are made. The actor last played the figurative heavy in 2004's "The Punisher" opposite Thomas Jane.
Oscar winner Denzel Washington has already boarded the flick to play the chief detective of security for the subway, a role originated by Walter Matthau in the original. Filming is slated to begin early next year with Scott helming from a script by David Koepp as well as producing alongside Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details