John Travolta Ready to Face Denzel Washington in Pelham 123
Set to take his first action role in years, John Travolta is currently in negotiations for a starring part in "Taking of Pelham 123", Columbia Pictures' remake of the 1974 feature, Variety has reported.
Travolta, who is said to get heavily courted by director Tony Scott to join the project, is likely to play the leader of a quartet that hijacks a New York subway train should deals are made. The actor last played the figurative heavy in 2004's "The Punisher" opposite Thomas Jane.
Oscar winner Denzel Washington has already boarded the flick to play the chief detective of security for the subway, a role originated by Walter Matthau in the original. Filming is slated to begin early next year with Scott helming from a script by David Koepp as well as producing alongside Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party