John Travolta Ready to Face Denzel Washington in Pelham 123
Set to take his first action role in years, John Travolta is currently in negotiations for a starring part in "Taking of Pelham 123", Columbia Pictures' remake of the 1974 feature, Variety has reported.
Travolta, who is said to get heavily courted by director Tony Scott to join the project, is likely to play the leader of a quartet that hijacks a New York subway train should deals are made. The actor last played the figurative heavy in 2004's "The Punisher" opposite Thomas Jane.
Oscar winner Denzel Washington has already boarded the flick to play the chief detective of security for the subway, a role originated by Walter Matthau in the original. Filming is slated to begin early next year with Scott helming from a script by David Koepp as well as producing alongside Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic