John Travolta Ready to Face Denzel Washington in Pelham 123
Set to take his first action role in years, John Travolta is currently in negotiations for a starring part in "Taking of Pelham 123", Columbia Pictures' remake of the 1974 feature, Variety has reported.
Travolta, who is said to get heavily courted by director Tony Scott to join the project, is likely to play the leader of a quartet that hijacks a New York subway train should deals are made. The actor last played the figurative heavy in 2004's "The Punisher" opposite Thomas Jane.
Oscar winner Denzel Washington has already boarded the flick to play the chief detective of security for the subway, a role originated by Walter Matthau in the original. Filming is slated to begin early next year with Scott helming from a script by David Koepp as well as producing alongside Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene