T.I.'s Bond Denied, Hearing Postponed
U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman has denied T.I.'s bond and delayed the Monday hearing to this Friday, October 19. The rapper who is in federal custody for weapon charges will have to wait a little longer to roam the street prior his trial.
T.I. who is reported handcuffed and chained in legs attended the temporary hearing on Monday where media, friends and family including his mother packed the small courtroom in the standing-only section. Federal prosecutors were requesting that T.I. is suspended without bond until his trial, which could take place months away.
On Friday, Baverman will decide whether there was a probable cause to arrest the rapper or he could be released on bail before the trial.
A day before the appearance, T.I.'s lawyer, Dwight Thomas, told Journal-Constitution that he was confident T.I. will get the favor on this case. He said, "We'll go in, request bail on his behalf and vigorously defend him. I can tell you he's in good spirits. He's confident the legal system will work in his favor."
T.I. was arrested few hours before he was slated to perform at BET's Hip-Hop Awards. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives caught him on attempt to buy illegal machine guns and silencers through a bodyguard-turned-informant.
More T.I. News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist