T.I.'s Bond Denied, Hearing Postponed
U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman has denied T.I.'s bond and delayed the Monday hearing to this Friday, October 19. The rapper who is in federal custody for weapon charges will have to wait a little longer to roam the street prior his trial.
T.I. who is reported handcuffed and chained in legs attended the temporary hearing on Monday where media, friends and family including his mother packed the small courtroom in the standing-only section. Federal prosecutors were requesting that T.I. is suspended without bond until his trial, which could take place months away.
On Friday, Baverman will decide whether there was a probable cause to arrest the rapper or he could be released on bail before the trial.
A day before the appearance, T.I.'s lawyer, Dwight Thomas, told Journal-Constitution that he was confident T.I. will get the favor on this case. He said, "We'll go in, request bail on his behalf and vigorously defend him. I can tell you he's in good spirits. He's confident the legal system will work in his favor."
T.I. was arrested few hours before he was slated to perform at BET's Hip-Hop Awards. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives caught him on attempt to buy illegal machine guns and silencers through a bodyguard-turned-informant.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics