T.I.'s Bond Denied, Hearing Postponed
U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman has denied T.I.'s bond and delayed the Monday hearing to this Friday, October 19. The rapper who is in federal custody for weapon charges will have to wait a little longer to roam the street prior his trial.
T.I. who is reported handcuffed and chained in legs attended the temporary hearing on Monday where media, friends and family including his mother packed the small courtroom in the standing-only section. Federal prosecutors were requesting that T.I. is suspended without bond until his trial, which could take place months away.
On Friday, Baverman will decide whether there was a probable cause to arrest the rapper or he could be released on bail before the trial.
A day before the appearance, T.I.'s lawyer, Dwight Thomas, told Journal-Constitution that he was confident T.I. will get the favor on this case. He said, "We'll go in, request bail on his behalf and vigorously defend him. I can tell you he's in good spirits. He's confident the legal system will work in his favor."
T.I. was arrested few hours before he was slated to perform at BET's Hip-Hop Awards. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives caught him on attempt to buy illegal machine guns and silencers through a bodyguard-turned-informant.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated