T.I.'s Bond Denied, Hearing Postponed
U.S. Magistrate Alan Baverman has denied T.I.'s bond and delayed the Monday hearing to this Friday, October 19. The rapper who is in federal custody for weapon charges will have to wait a little longer to roam the street prior his trial.
T.I. who is reported handcuffed and chained in legs attended the temporary hearing on Monday where media, friends and family including his mother packed the small courtroom in the standing-only section. Federal prosecutors were requesting that T.I. is suspended without bond until his trial, which could take place months away.
On Friday, Baverman will decide whether there was a probable cause to arrest the rapper or he could be released on bail before the trial.
A day before the appearance, T.I.'s lawyer, Dwight Thomas, told Journal-Constitution that he was confident T.I. will get the favor on this case. He said, "We'll go in, request bail on his behalf and vigorously defend him. I can tell you he's in good spirits. He's confident the legal system will work in his favor."
T.I. was arrested few hours before he was slated to perform at BET's Hip-Hop Awards. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives caught him on attempt to buy illegal machine guns and silencers through a bodyguard-turned-informant.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle