'Convicted Felon' T.I. Purchased Weapons and Arrested
The biggest nominee at 2007 BET Hip-Hop Awards sadly couldn't attend the ceremony due to a 'little' problem on his weapon collection. Rapper T.I. who earned Best Album of the Year was arrested at the parking lot of an Atlanta shopping center on Saturday, October 13 by agents of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), for undoubtedly, possessing illegal guns.
An undercover agent from ATF contacted T.I. who reportedly tried to buy three machine guns and two silencers through a bodyguard. Upon searched at his College Park house, more firearms were discovered, problem is, they are unregistered.
The bodyguard testified that he purchased around 9 weapons for T.I. and one for an unnamed person because the rapper whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr., was a convicted felon and therefore, unable to get down to the business himself.
Acting as a confidential witness, the bodyguard was told by ATF to call T.I. who immediately agreed to meet at the parking lot.
Describing the process Vanessa McLemore, a Special Agent in Charge of ATF's Atlanta Division said, "This investigation developed very quickly. We learned only this Wednesday that the cooperating witness was allegedly buying the machine guns for Harris."
"The cooperating witness told Harris on Thursday that he had obtained the items, and on Friday Harris made it clear that he wanted them delivered to him today. Harris then agreed to meet and took possession of the machine guns this afternoon."
T.I. who was said will "face serious federal charges and a potentially long prison sentence", remains in federal custody. According to Atlanta's FOX 5 News, he will appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Alan J. Baverman at Atlanta's United States Courthouse today (October 15).
"Machine guns pose a serious danger to the community, which is why they are so carefully regulated," said David E. Nahmias, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia. "The last place machine guns should be is in the hands of a convicted felon, who cannot legally possess any kind of firearm."
"This convicted felon allegedly was trying to add several machine guns to an already large and entirely illegal arsenal of guns. Thanks to the good and quick work of ATF, he is now in custody and his firearms have been seized."
More T.I. News
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker