Prolific Producer Scott Rudin Sets Up I, Claudius
It's good to hear something new about what Scott Rudin is up to now as the renowned producer has long been known to be the name behind a number of remarkable, worth-watching cinematic pieces.
The latest one coming from the trades is that the New Yorker will develop a historical film feature titled "I, Claudius" based on Robert Graves' tome following his acquisition on the screen rights to the novel for $2 million. It is expected that "The Departed" tandem of Leonardo DiCaprio and screenwriter William Monahan will become part of the project.
Story, as presented in the original, tells about the the Roman Empire through the eyes of Claudius, starting with the rise of Augustus Caesar to emperor in 24 B.C. and ending with the crowning of Nero in 54 A.D. It also deals with all the attendant backstabbing, violence, and debauchery that was part and parcel of the Roman ruling class.
In working on the movie, Rudin has been confirmed to produce alongside Alison Owen, whom he teams up with in producing "The Other Boleyn Girl", which Columbia Pictures will launch on February 29, 2008. Though no major studio attached yet for the flick at this time being, it is speculated that the man is likely to bring it to Disney, where he has an overall deal, and probably will set it up under either Miramax Films or Touchstone Pictures banner.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers