Prolific Producer Scott Rudin Sets Up I, Claudius
It's good to hear something new about what Scott Rudin is up to now as the renowned producer has long been known to be the name behind a number of remarkable, worth-watching cinematic pieces.
The latest one coming from the trades is that the New Yorker will develop a historical film feature titled "I, Claudius" based on Robert Graves' tome following his acquisition on the screen rights to the novel for $2 million. It is expected that "The Departed" tandem of Leonardo DiCaprio and screenwriter William Monahan will become part of the project.
Story, as presented in the original, tells about the the Roman Empire through the eyes of Claudius, starting with the rise of Augustus Caesar to emperor in 24 B.C. and ending with the crowning of Nero in 54 A.D. It also deals with all the attendant backstabbing, violence, and debauchery that was part and parcel of the Roman ruling class.
In working on the movie, Rudin has been confirmed to produce alongside Alison Owen, whom he teams up with in producing "The Other Boleyn Girl", which Columbia Pictures will launch on February 29, 2008. Though no major studio attached yet for the flick at this time being, it is speculated that the man is likely to bring it to Disney, where he has an overall deal, and probably will set it up under either Miramax Films or Touchstone Pictures banner.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21