Shrek the Third Back as Box Office Champ Overseas
Turns out the green ogre still proves mighty over a contract assassin and an extraordinary rat.
Scoring an estimated weekend haul of $17.2 million from 24 territories, "Shrek the Third" successfully retained its No.1 movie title after becoming top debuts in Italy, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden for collecting $10.8 million, $1.9 million, $1.8 million, and $1.4 million, respectively.
Finished as the runner-up was "The Bourne Ultimatum", which added another $15.1 million into its pocket. Pic, on the other hand, satisfyingly led the U.K. for a third consecutive weekend with $4.6 million while reclaiming its lead in Spain and New Zealand.
Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" came up behind following its good effort to take in $10.1 million from 30 markets to lift its international total to $189 million. Next two positions went to another animated feature "The Simpsons Movie" and summer blockbuster flick "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", the former pulling $7.7 million from 49 territories while the latter scooping up $6.5 million from 58 markets.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest