Shrek the Third Back as Box Office Champ Overseas
Turns out the green ogre still proves mighty over a contract assassin and an extraordinary rat.
Scoring an estimated weekend haul of $17.2 million from 24 territories, "Shrek the Third" successfully retained its No.1 movie title after becoming top debuts in Italy, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden for collecting $10.8 million, $1.9 million, $1.8 million, and $1.4 million, respectively.
Finished as the runner-up was "The Bourne Ultimatum", which added another $15.1 million into its pocket. Pic, on the other hand, satisfyingly led the U.K. for a third consecutive weekend with $4.6 million while reclaiming its lead in Spain and New Zealand.
Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" came up behind following its good effort to take in $10.1 million from 30 markets to lift its international total to $189 million. Next two positions went to another animated feature "The Simpsons Movie" and summer blockbuster flick "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", the former pulling $7.7 million from 49 territories while the latter scooping up $6.5 million from 58 markets.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?