Shrek the Third Back as Box Office Champ Overseas
Turns out the green ogre still proves mighty over a contract assassin and an extraordinary rat.
Scoring an estimated weekend haul of $17.2 million from 24 territories, "Shrek the Third" successfully retained its No.1 movie title after becoming top debuts in Italy, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden for collecting $10.8 million, $1.9 million, $1.8 million, and $1.4 million, respectively.
Finished as the runner-up was "The Bourne Ultimatum", which added another $15.1 million into its pocket. Pic, on the other hand, satisfyingly led the U.K. for a third consecutive weekend with $4.6 million while reclaiming its lead in Spain and New Zealand.
Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" came up behind following its good effort to take in $10.1 million from 30 markets to lift its international total to $189 million. Next two positions went to another animated feature "The Simpsons Movie" and summer blockbuster flick "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", the former pulling $7.7 million from 49 territories while the latter scooping up $6.5 million from 58 markets.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'