Shrek the Third Back as Box Office Champ Overseas
Turns out the green ogre still proves mighty over a contract assassin and an extraordinary rat.
Scoring an estimated weekend haul of $17.2 million from 24 territories, "Shrek the Third" successfully retained its No.1 movie title after becoming top debuts in Italy, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden for collecting $10.8 million, $1.9 million, $1.8 million, and $1.4 million, respectively.
Finished as the runner-up was "The Bourne Ultimatum", which added another $15.1 million into its pocket. Pic, on the other hand, satisfyingly led the U.K. for a third consecutive weekend with $4.6 million while reclaiming its lead in Spain and New Zealand.
Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" came up behind following its good effort to take in $10.1 million from 30 markets to lift its international total to $189 million. Next two positions went to another animated feature "The Simpsons Movie" and summer blockbuster flick "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", the former pulling $7.7 million from 49 territories while the latter scooping up $6.5 million from 58 markets.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic