"High School Musical 2" Rules This Year Teen Choice Awards
It is all about the teen and the teen power proves work at this year annual Teen Choice Awards Sunday August 26th. "High School Musical 2," which is the sequel to the Disney Channel Original Movie "High School Musical," is one big winner, being given the Best TV Movie Award, besting its heavy contenders, including "Jump In!", "Life Is Not A Fairy Tale: The Fantasia Barrino Story", "The Initiation of Sarah," and "The Naked Brothers Band: The Movie".
"High School Musical 2," in addition, also wins its actor Zac Efron the coveted title of "Male Hottie," with the "Female Hottie" surfboard goes to actress Jessica Alba. Vanessa Hudgens successfully seizes the award of "Choice Music: Breakout Artist-Female" from the other award nominees, including Amy Winehouse, Corinne Bailey Rae, Katharine McPhee, and Lily Allen.
The 9th annual awards show, which aired in the United States on Sunday night on the Fox broadcast network, was co-hosted by actress-singer Hilary Duff and actor-comedian Nick Cannon.
Among the musical performers are the likes of Shop Boyz, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, and Stacy Ferguson just to name a few. Here are the complete list of the award winners.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show