Michelle Rodriguez and Stephen Lang Added to Avatar
Landing feet as the latest additions in the cast lineup, Michelle Rodriguez and Stephen Lang have both been picked up to fill in the remaining roles in James Cameron's ambitious performance-capture flick "Avatar", Variety has revealed.
A $190 million hybrid of live action and animation produced under 20th Century Fox, pic centers on a wounded ex-marine assigned to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival. Lang is informed to play a seasoned Marine Corps colonel who travels to the planet to take charge of its troops while Rodriguez will portray an ex-Marine pilot.
For Lang, known for his stage performances in plays like "Defiance" and "Death of a Salesman", the sci-fi thriller will finally materialize his dream to work under Cameron after twenty years since his failure in nabbing a starring part in "Aliens." Meanwhile, Rodriguez is said by Cameron to be someone he has wanted to work with since he saw the actress' enactment in 2000's "Girlfight."
Production on "Avatar" is currently underway in Los Angeles and will move by October to Wellington, New Zealand, close to Weta Digital, the famed F/X studio supervising its visual effects. Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, and Sigourney Weaver are leading the cast with Cameron also producing alongside Jon Landau and Rae Sanchini for Fox to release the film on May 22, 2009.
More Avatar News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?