Gwen Stefani Makes Adjustment for Malaysian Concert
Gwen Stefani has taken a diplomatic step responding to a group of conservative Muslim students in Malaysia that protested against her "obscene" attire. She took the core of the problem and decided not to wear revealing costumes for her concert.
Maxis Communications Bhd. that serves as the event organizer said, "Gwen Stefani has confirmed that her concert will not feature any revealing costumes. She will abide by the Malaysian authorities' guidelines to ensure that her show will not be offensive to local sensitivities."
Maxis which was also attacked for promoting the concert is now defending itself, saying that the company "respects the values and conventions of this country". With the words come a promise that they will make sure that nothing goes wrong.
Further approach is made by Malaysia's Culture, Arts and Heritage Ministry, imposing rules for female artists that appear on the country. She must be covered from the top of her chest to her knees. No jumping, shouting or throwing of objects onstage or at the audience is allowed. Performers cannot hug or kiss, and their clothes cannot have obscene or drug-related images or messages.
The end of last month, a group of students making up for The National Union of Malaysian Muslim Students, banned Gwen's concert that is slated to take place August 21 at Putra Indoor Stadium. "Her performance and her attire are not suitable for our culture. It promotes a certain degree of obscenity and will encourage youth to emulate the western lifestyle. The concert should be stopped," the union's vice president, Abdul Muntaqim, told the Associated Press.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media