Gwen Stefani Makes Adjustment for Malaysian Concert
Gwen Stefani has taken a diplomatic step responding to a group of conservative Muslim students in Malaysia that protested against her "obscene" attire. She took the core of the problem and decided not to wear revealing costumes for her concert.
Maxis Communications Bhd. that serves as the event organizer said, "Gwen Stefani has confirmed that her concert will not feature any revealing costumes. She will abide by the Malaysian authorities' guidelines to ensure that her show will not be offensive to local sensitivities."
Maxis which was also attacked for promoting the concert is now defending itself, saying that the company "respects the values and conventions of this country". With the words come a promise that they will make sure that nothing goes wrong.
Further approach is made by Malaysia's Culture, Arts and Heritage Ministry, imposing rules for female artists that appear on the country. She must be covered from the top of her chest to her knees. No jumping, shouting or throwing of objects onstage or at the audience is allowed. Performers cannot hug or kiss, and their clothes cannot have obscene or drug-related images or messages.
The end of last month, a group of students making up for The National Union of Malaysian Muslim Students, banned Gwen's concert that is slated to take place August 21 at Putra Indoor Stadium. "Her performance and her attire are not suitable for our culture. It promotes a certain degree of obscenity and will encourage youth to emulate the western lifestyle. The concert should be stopped," the union's vice president, Abdul Muntaqim, told the Associated Press.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner