Metallica's Hit Added to Game "Rock Band"
Electronic Arts is just giving the best addition to highly-anticipated game "Rock Band" with the inclusion of a hit from Metallica. The game will now enable gamers to experience how it feels to play as close as possible to the legendary head-bangers.
Developer Harmonix have done their job tying deal to nail Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and make all of the game tracks available in future online catalog. "Metallica has never been afraid to let their fans get closer," MTV VP of Game Paul DeGooyer said, "and now those fans will be able to inhabit this incredible music in a completely new way."
With Metallica's hit on board, the song line-up so far are comprised of Mountain's "Mississippi", David Bowie's "Suffragette City", Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper", The Hives' "Main Offender", The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again", Nirvana's "In Bloom" and Weezer's "Say It Ain't So".
"Rock Band", that is inspired by the successful music game chain "Guitar Hero", is in expanded version with multiple players putting a show as a full band with drums, guitar and bass. The game will be launched in Xbox 360 and PS3 this winter.
Meanwhile, Metallica's new album will find its way out in stores early 2008. Bassist Robert Trujillo said of the record, "There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri