Metallica's Hit Added to Game "Rock Band"
Electronic Arts is just giving the best addition to highly-anticipated game "Rock Band" with the inclusion of a hit from Metallica. The game will now enable gamers to experience how it feels to play as close as possible to the legendary head-bangers.
Developer Harmonix have done their job tying deal to nail Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and make all of the game tracks available in future online catalog. "Metallica has never been afraid to let their fans get closer," MTV VP of Game Paul DeGooyer said, "and now those fans will be able to inhabit this incredible music in a completely new way."
With Metallica's hit on board, the song line-up so far are comprised of Mountain's "Mississippi", David Bowie's "Suffragette City", Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper", The Hives' "Main Offender", The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again", Nirvana's "In Bloom" and Weezer's "Say It Ain't So".
"Rock Band", that is inspired by the successful music game chain "Guitar Hero", is in expanded version with multiple players putting a show as a full band with drums, guitar and bass. The game will be launched in Xbox 360 and PS3 this winter.
Meanwhile, Metallica's new album will find its way out in stores early 2008. Bassist Robert Trujillo said of the record, "There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today."
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush