Metallica's Hit Added to Game "Rock Band"
Electronic Arts is just giving the best addition to highly-anticipated game "Rock Band" with the inclusion of a hit from Metallica. The game will now enable gamers to experience how it feels to play as close as possible to the legendary head-bangers.
Developer Harmonix have done their job tying deal to nail Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and make all of the game tracks available in future online catalog. "Metallica has never been afraid to let their fans get closer," MTV VP of Game Paul DeGooyer said, "and now those fans will be able to inhabit this incredible music in a completely new way."
With Metallica's hit on board, the song line-up so far are comprised of Mountain's "Mississippi", David Bowie's "Suffragette City", Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper", The Hives' "Main Offender", The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again", Nirvana's "In Bloom" and Weezer's "Say It Ain't So".
"Rock Band", that is inspired by the successful music game chain "Guitar Hero", is in expanded version with multiple players putting a show as a full band with drums, guitar and bass. The game will be launched in Xbox 360 and PS3 this winter.
Meanwhile, Metallica's new album will find its way out in stores early 2008. Bassist Robert Trujillo said of the record, "There's a couple of tracks where you're gonna go 'Wow!' and I know you're gonna like it because it has the flavor of the old. But it has this kind of groove and power behind it that I think is us today."
More Metallica News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed