Matt Damon to Experience an "Imperial Life"
On the brink to reunite with director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon is finalizing deal to topline Universal Pictures' "Imperial Life in the Emerald City."
Adapted from the Rajiv Chandrasekaran book, pic details the author's experience when he witnessed Americans' chaotic attempts to set up a provisional government in the area around Saddam Hussein's palace. Damon, who last collaborated with Greengrass in "The Bourne Ultimatum", is plotted for a composite character based on figures in the book.
Project will be shaped up from a script written by Greengrass with Lloyd Levin, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner all handling producing matters. The three previously performed the same task for Greengrass' harrowing 9/11 drama "United 93", which was deemed best film at this year's OFCS Awards and London Critics' Circle Film Awards.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival