Matt Damon to Experience an "Imperial Life"
On the brink to reunite with director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon is finalizing deal to topline Universal Pictures' "Imperial Life in the Emerald City."
Adapted from the Rajiv Chandrasekaran book, pic details the author's experience when he witnessed Americans' chaotic attempts to set up a provisional government in the area around Saddam Hussein's palace. Damon, who last collaborated with Greengrass in "The Bourne Ultimatum", is plotted for a composite character based on figures in the book.
Project will be shaped up from a script written by Greengrass with Lloyd Levin, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner all handling producing matters. The three previously performed the same task for Greengrass' harrowing 9/11 drama "United 93", which was deemed best film at this year's OFCS Awards and London Critics' Circle Film Awards.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'