Matt Damon to Experience an "Imperial Life"
On the brink to reunite with director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon is finalizing deal to topline Universal Pictures' "Imperial Life in the Emerald City."
Adapted from the Rajiv Chandrasekaran book, pic details the author's experience when he witnessed Americans' chaotic attempts to set up a provisional government in the area around Saddam Hussein's palace. Damon, who last collaborated with Greengrass in "The Bourne Ultimatum", is plotted for a composite character based on figures in the book.
Project will be shaped up from a script written by Greengrass with Lloyd Levin, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner all handling producing matters. The three previously performed the same task for Greengrass' harrowing 9/11 drama "United 93", which was deemed best film at this year's OFCS Awards and London Critics' Circle Film Awards.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris