Matt Damon to Experience an "Imperial Life"
On the brink to reunite with director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon is finalizing deal to topline Universal Pictures' "Imperial Life in the Emerald City."
Adapted from the Rajiv Chandrasekaran book, pic details the author's experience when he witnessed Americans' chaotic attempts to set up a provisional government in the area around Saddam Hussein's palace. Damon, who last collaborated with Greengrass in "The Bourne Ultimatum", is plotted for a composite character based on figures in the book.
Project will be shaped up from a script written by Greengrass with Lloyd Levin, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner all handling producing matters. The three previously performed the same task for Greengrass' harrowing 9/11 drama "United 93", which was deemed best film at this year's OFCS Awards and London Critics' Circle Film Awards.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies