Matt Damon to Experience an "Imperial Life"
On the brink to reunite with director Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon is finalizing deal to topline Universal Pictures' "Imperial Life in the Emerald City."
Adapted from the Rajiv Chandrasekaran book, pic details the author's experience when he witnessed Americans' chaotic attempts to set up a provisional government in the area around Saddam Hussein's palace. Damon, who last collaborated with Greengrass in "The Bourne Ultimatum", is plotted for a composite character based on figures in the book.
Project will be shaped up from a script written by Greengrass with Lloyd Levin, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner all handling producing matters. The three previously performed the same task for Greengrass' harrowing 9/11 drama "United 93", which was deemed best film at this year's OFCS Awards and London Critics' Circle Film Awards.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident