ZZ Top, In the First Stage Towards New Album
Reports on blues rock band ZZ Top's new album is coming sooner than expected. After announcing their departure from RCA Records and their leave from Lone Wolf Management in late 2006, people thought that it would be another long journey before they complete the 15th studio album. Indeed, there are about 50 songs readily available.
Bassist Dusty Hill said that ideas are streaming down their spine but none has made the cut yet. "As soon as we can write it, put it down and make a deal, but I don't really know how long that takes," he said. "We've come up with about 50 of them so I hesitate to even bring them up."
The band that emerged in 1969 and retained its original members also added that it's always important for them to record. "ůso if we're not performing live, that's what we're doing. We're ready to get something new out," said Hill. "It's just onward and upward. Just keep on making the best music we can, every night we can."
ZZ Top will be an honoree at the 2nd annual Vh1 Rock Honors on May 24 along with the likes Ozzy Osbourne, Genesis and Heart.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?