ZZ Top, In the First Stage Towards New Album
Reports on blues rock band ZZ Top's new album is coming sooner than expected. After announcing their departure from RCA Records and their leave from Lone Wolf Management in late 2006, people thought that it would be another long journey before they complete the 15th studio album. Indeed, there are about 50 songs readily available.
Bassist Dusty Hill said that ideas are streaming down their spine but none has made the cut yet. "As soon as we can write it, put it down and make a deal, but I don't really know how long that takes," he said. "We've come up with about 50 of them so I hesitate to even bring them up."
The band that emerged in 1969 and retained its original members also added that it's always important for them to record. "ůso if we're not performing live, that's what we're doing. We're ready to get something new out," said Hill. "It's just onward and upward. Just keep on making the best music we can, every night we can."
ZZ Top will be an honoree at the 2nd annual Vh1 Rock Honors on May 24 along with the likes Ozzy Osbourne, Genesis and Heart.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death