ZZ Top, In the First Stage Towards New Album
Reports on blues rock band ZZ Top's new album is coming sooner than expected. After announcing their departure from RCA Records and their leave from Lone Wolf Management in late 2006, people thought that it would be another long journey before they complete the 15th studio album. Indeed, there are about 50 songs readily available.
Bassist Dusty Hill said that ideas are streaming down their spine but none has made the cut yet. "As soon as we can write it, put it down and make a deal, but I don't really know how long that takes," he said. "We've come up with about 50 of them so I hesitate to even bring them up."
The band that emerged in 1969 and retained its original members also added that it's always important for them to record. "ůso if we're not performing live, that's what we're doing. We're ready to get something new out," said Hill. "It's just onward and upward. Just keep on making the best music we can, every night we can."
ZZ Top will be an honoree at the 2nd annual Vh1 Rock Honors on May 24 along with the likes Ozzy Osbourne, Genesis and Heart.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby