Natalie Portman, the Ambassador of Hope
Amid her hectic filming schedules, Natalie Portman has a new mission to complete, delivering life-changing loans to women in the developing world.
Concerning her new task, the movie beauty is working with Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA), an organization that provides small loans to people in developing countries. As part of the project, she will launch a new micro-financing initiative called the Village Banking Campaign, which purpose is to launch 100,000 new community banks.
"It's really trying to reach the poorest of the poor and offering banking services to them, in that they have the access to get capital for loans. They can get insurance. They can get access to things that we don't even question having access to," the actress said.
As FINCA's "Ambassador of Hope," Portman recently visited women in Mexico who benefit from the organization's services. Her experience was recorded for a documentary that will be released as part of the launch. Let's see how the project can change the world.
More Natalie Portman News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'