Natalie Portman, the Ambassador of Hope
Amid her hectic filming schedules, Natalie Portman has a new mission to complete, delivering life-changing loans to women in the developing world.
Concerning her new task, the movie beauty is working with Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA), an organization that provides small loans to people in developing countries. As part of the project, she will launch a new micro-financing initiative called the Village Banking Campaign, which purpose is to launch 100,000 new community banks.
"It's really trying to reach the poorest of the poor and offering banking services to them, in that they have the access to get capital for loans. They can get insurance. They can get access to things that we don't even question having access to," the actress said.
As FINCA's "Ambassador of Hope," Portman recently visited women in Mexico who benefit from the organization's services. Her experience was recorded for a documentary that will be released as part of the launch. Let's see how the project can change the world.
More Natalie Portman News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri