Natalie Portman, the Ambassador of Hope
Amid her hectic filming schedules, Natalie Portman has a new mission to complete, delivering life-changing loans to women in the developing world.
Concerning her new task, the movie beauty is working with Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA), an organization that provides small loans to people in developing countries. As part of the project, she will launch a new micro-financing initiative called the Village Banking Campaign, which purpose is to launch 100,000 new community banks.
"It's really trying to reach the poorest of the poor and offering banking services to them, in that they have the access to get capital for loans. They can get insurance. They can get access to things that we don't even question having access to," the actress said.
As FINCA's "Ambassador of Hope," Portman recently visited women in Mexico who benefit from the organization's services. Her experience was recorded for a documentary that will be released as part of the launch. Let's see how the project can change the world.
More Natalie Portman News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'