Natalie Portman, the Ambassador of Hope
Amid her hectic filming schedules, Natalie Portman has a new mission to complete, delivering life-changing loans to women in the developing world.
Concerning her new task, the movie beauty is working with Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA), an organization that provides small loans to people in developing countries. As part of the project, she will launch a new micro-financing initiative called the Village Banking Campaign, which purpose is to launch 100,000 new community banks.
"It's really trying to reach the poorest of the poor and offering banking services to them, in that they have the access to get capital for loans. They can get insurance. They can get access to things that we don't even question having access to," the actress said.
As FINCA's "Ambassador of Hope," Portman recently visited women in Mexico who benefit from the organization's services. Her experience was recorded for a documentary that will be released as part of the launch. Let's see how the project can change the world.
More Natalie Portman News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly