Clint Eastwood to Be Honored Spirit of Independence Award
Recognized his abundant contribution in film industry, Film Independent, a non-profit membership organization supporting artists who embody diversity, innovation, and uniqueness of vision, has delightfully named Clint Eastwood the honoree of its 2007 Spirit of Independence Award.
The veteran actor/filmmaker will be given the award at this year's Los Angeles Film Festival set to be held on June 28 with Tony Bennett presenting the honor. As part of the upcoming occasion, there will also be a presentation of documentary feature "Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends" which Eastwood executive produces for Netflix.
"Clint Eastwood has been called an icon, a maverick, a legend and every superlative in between, yet it's utterly impossible to encapsulate the talents and accomplishments of his independent spirit and his singular vision for honest storytelling," Film Independent executive director Dawn Hudson remarked. "We are thrilled to celebrate this remarkable artist for his independent voice and daring career choices that have been an inspiration to filmmakers and film lovers alike."
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?