Clint Eastwood to Be Honored Spirit of Independence Award
Recognized his abundant contribution in film industry, Film Independent, a non-profit membership organization supporting artists who embody diversity, innovation, and uniqueness of vision, has delightfully named Clint Eastwood the honoree of its 2007 Spirit of Independence Award.
The veteran actor/filmmaker will be given the award at this year's Los Angeles Film Festival set to be held on June 28 with Tony Bennett presenting the honor. As part of the upcoming occasion, there will also be a presentation of documentary feature "Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends" which Eastwood executive produces for Netflix.
"Clint Eastwood has been called an icon, a maverick, a legend and every superlative in between, yet it's utterly impossible to encapsulate the talents and accomplishments of his independent spirit and his singular vision for honest storytelling," Film Independent executive director Dawn Hudson remarked. "We are thrilled to celebrate this remarkable artist for his independent voice and daring career choices that have been an inspiration to filmmakers and film lovers alike."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris