Anna Nicole Smith's Death Is an Accidental Overdose
The big question finally is answered as it was revealed Monday March 26th that Anna Nicole Smith's death is an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.
Officials said there are at least nine prescription drugs, including methadone and anti-anxiety drugs, among others that killed Smith. In a detailed autopsy report released that day, a medical examiner noted Smith refused to go to a hospital three days before her Feb. 8 death. She chose to ride out her illness in a hotel suite littered with pill bottles, soda cans, SlimFast, nicotine gum and an open box of Tamiflu tablets.
Dr. Joshua Perper, a Broward County Medical Examiner, revealed that Smith had been taking large amounts of the seldom-prescribed sedative chloral hydrate in the days leading up to her death. The same substance also contributed to the 1962 overdose death of Marilyn Monroe.
Smith did not take methadone the day she died, but there was evidence she had taken it several days earlier.
All in all, Dr. Perper concluded that it was combined drug intoxication, including anxiety and depression medication, Valium, Ativan and antihistamines, that contributed to Smiths' death. She had also taken chloral hydrate, a strong sedative, which was a major component in her death. There was no evidence that illegal drugs or foul play had a role in the death of the former Playboy Playmate.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent