Maroon 5 Employs 'Airport' for New Video
The release date of Maroon 5's new album "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" is coming nearer. To anticipate that, first single release as well as its video has been prepared by the band. They are reported to have shot the video of "Makes Me Wonder" at the California Department of Transportation building and Los Angeles International Airport.
Goes according to plan, "Makes Me Wonder" is agreed to be the first single released from the sophomore album. Initially this single did not come out due to the demand for tracks to be included in the album. It was written out of distraction. "It was actually great because we were distracted just enough that we didn't think about it too much, and then we wrote this part that wound up being the chorus," said the frontman, Adam Levine.
Levine also explained that this song is written based on one of his relationships that went wrong. He said, "It kind of had something to do with our growing dissatisfaction with things and the confusion that was in the air - maybe not targeted at the Bush administration, but maybe dancing around that territory a little bit." For one thing, Levine said that it was the song that he hates for a long time and that it was abandoned for sometime but is back because the label likes it.
Under the direction of John Hillcoat, the video employs the idea of a modified airport background. "It's a fantasy airport," Levine said. "John had this amazing idea to turn an airport on its end and make it sort of bizarre and surreal and sexually charged and sleek and amazing and fashionable, which are things you never typically would associate with an airport." He further explained that airport combines two very different aspects: love and politic.
"It Won't Be Soon Before Long" will hit the stores on May 22.
More Maroon 5 News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences