Warner Bros. Loads Presents from "The Giver"
Going futuristic, Warner Bros. Pictures is in progress to develop a sci-fi fantasy entitled "The Giver" with Red Wagon partners Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher producing, Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Lois Lowry's novel of the same name, the picture follows a 12-year-old boy living in a futuristic, emotionally suppressed utopian society as he is selected to bear his community's emotional history which strikes him that living a pain-free life comes at a high cost.
The original version, which forms a loose trilogy with Lowry's two other works "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger", so far has sold more than 3.5 million copies since its publication on April 16, 1993. Despite the controversy and criticism it received, the novel won the 1994 Newbery Medal and was adapted into stage play which has been performed in a number of theatres like Oregon Children's Theatre, The Coterie Theatre, and Stages Repertory, among others.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna