Warner Bros. Loads Presents from "The Giver"
Going futuristic, Warner Bros. Pictures is in progress to develop a sci-fi fantasy entitled "The Giver" with Red Wagon partners Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher producing, Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Lois Lowry's novel of the same name, the picture follows a 12-year-old boy living in a futuristic, emotionally suppressed utopian society as he is selected to bear his community's emotional history which strikes him that living a pain-free life comes at a high cost.
The original version, which forms a loose trilogy with Lowry's two other works "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger", so far has sold more than 3.5 million copies since its publication on April 16, 1993. Despite the controversy and criticism it received, the novel won the 1994 Newbery Medal and was adapted into stage play which has been performed in a number of theatres like Oregon Children's Theatre, The Coterie Theatre, and Stages Repertory, among others.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?