Warner Bros. Loads Presents from "The Giver"
Going futuristic, Warner Bros. Pictures is in progress to develop a sci-fi fantasy entitled "The Giver" with Red Wagon partners Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher producing, Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Lois Lowry's novel of the same name, the picture follows a 12-year-old boy living in a futuristic, emotionally suppressed utopian society as he is selected to bear his community's emotional history which strikes him that living a pain-free life comes at a high cost.
The original version, which forms a loose trilogy with Lowry's two other works "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger", so far has sold more than 3.5 million copies since its publication on April 16, 1993. Despite the controversy and criticism it received, the novel won the 1994 Newbery Medal and was adapted into stage play which has been performed in a number of theatres like Oregon Children's Theatre, The Coterie Theatre, and Stages Repertory, among others.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia