Warner Bros. Loads Presents from "The Giver"
Going futuristic, Warner Bros. Pictures is in progress to develop a sci-fi fantasy entitled "The Giver" with Red Wagon partners Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher producing, Variety has revealed.
An adaptation of Lois Lowry's novel of the same name, the picture follows a 12-year-old boy living in a futuristic, emotionally suppressed utopian society as he is selected to bear his community's emotional history which strikes him that living a pain-free life comes at a high cost.
The original version, which forms a loose trilogy with Lowry's two other works "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger", so far has sold more than 3.5 million copies since its publication on April 16, 1993. Despite the controversy and criticism it received, the novel won the 1994 Newbery Medal and was adapted into stage play which has been performed in a number of theatres like Oregon Children's Theatre, The Coterie Theatre, and Stages Repertory, among others.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding