Scarlett Johansson in Talks to Play in a New York City Production of "South Pacific"
Already makes name with her roles in the big screen productions, Scarlett Johansson is on the move to invade Broadway. If the New York Post is to be believed, the movie beauty is in talks to star in a New York City production of "South Pacific."
She reportedly is one of the actresses being considered for the role of US Navy nurse Nellie Forbush in the project, which is about to open January next year at the Lincoln Center.
More on the production, the New York Post reports further that director Bartlett Sher is currently arranging auditions for the musical to take place next month. In the meantime, it is said that Russian tenor Dimitri Hvorovstovsky is in line for the role of plantation owner Emile De Becque.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt