Scarlett Johansson in Talks to Play in a New York City Production of "South Pacific"
Already makes name with her roles in the big screen productions, Scarlett Johansson is on the move to invade Broadway. If the New York Post is to be believed, the movie beauty is in talks to star in a New York City production of "South Pacific."
She reportedly is one of the actresses being considered for the role of US Navy nurse Nellie Forbush in the project, which is about to open January next year at the Lincoln Center.
More on the production, the New York Post reports further that director Bartlett Sher is currently arranging auditions for the musical to take place next month. In the meantime, it is said that Russian tenor Dimitri Hvorovstovsky is in line for the role of plantation owner Emile De Becque.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics