Scarlett Johansson in Talks to Play in a New York City Production of "South Pacific"
Already makes name with her roles in the big screen productions, Scarlett Johansson is on the move to invade Broadway. If the New York Post is to be believed, the movie beauty is in talks to star in a New York City production of "South Pacific."
She reportedly is one of the actresses being considered for the role of US Navy nurse Nellie Forbush in the project, which is about to open January next year at the Lincoln Center.
More on the production, the New York Post reports further that director Bartlett Sher is currently arranging auditions for the musical to take place next month. In the meantime, it is said that Russian tenor Dimitri Hvorovstovsky is in line for the role of plantation owner Emile De Becque.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal