Angelina Jolie Arrived in Vietnam, to Attend Adoption Ceremony
She moves fast. Angelina Jolie arrived in Vietnam on late Wednesday night March 14th, less than 24 hours after it is reported that her adoption application is being processed quickly and she could pick up her new son within a few weeks.
The actress was photographed with son Maddox on their arrival at Ho Chi Minh City, where she is expected to attend an adoption ceremony with Vietnamese officials the next day. And if all goes smoothly, Jolie could bring the child home by the weekend, officials said.
"All they need now is a signature from the vice mayor of Ho Chi Minh City to give the final approval," said Vietnam's top adoption official, Vu Duc Long, who is director of the International Adoption Department. After she receives the child, Jolie will meet with U.S. consular officials, who must review the adoption before a passport can be issued for the boy.
The adoption of the young Vietnamese boy will mark the third time Angelina Jolie has adopted. She first adopted Maddox from Cambodia then Zahara, a 2-year-old girl born in Ethiopia. She and partner Brad Pitt have their own child, Shiloh who was born in Namibia.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal