Angelina Jolie Arrived in Vietnam, to Attend Adoption Ceremony
She moves fast. Angelina Jolie arrived in Vietnam on late Wednesday night March 14th, less than 24 hours after it is reported that her adoption application is being processed quickly and she could pick up her new son within a few weeks.
The actress was photographed with son Maddox on their arrival at Ho Chi Minh City, where she is expected to attend an adoption ceremony with Vietnamese officials the next day. And if all goes smoothly, Jolie could bring the child home by the weekend, officials said.
"All they need now is a signature from the vice mayor of Ho Chi Minh City to give the final approval," said Vietnam's top adoption official, Vu Duc Long, who is director of the International Adoption Department. After she receives the child, Jolie will meet with U.S. consular officials, who must review the adoption before a passport can be issued for the boy.
The adoption of the young Vietnamese boy will mark the third time Angelina Jolie has adopted. She first adopted Maddox from Cambodia then Zahara, a 2-year-old girl born in Ethiopia. She and partner Brad Pitt have their own child, Shiloh who was born in Namibia.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery