R.E.M. Records John Lennon's Song for Charity
Not only receiving the induction ceremony in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, R.E.M. is also giving out something. In that evening, the band presents "Number 9 Dream", a song by John Lennon which is re-recorded to be included in charity album "Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur".
Involving original members, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, and drummer Bill Berry who retired in 1997, the track will be the album's first single released. It debuted in radios on March 12, the same day the band received the induction ceremony.
The album that is going to be released via Warner Bros. Records on June 12 is meant to help the humanitarian crises in Darfur, a region in far western Sudan. It will contain 20 songs made popular by John Lennon. Beside R.E.M., supporting this album are Green Day, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson, Snow Patrol, Corinne Bailey Rae and many more.
Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono fully donates the publishing royalties to "Make Some Noise" campaign, a proceeding activity that works on Darfur's case. "It's wonderful that, through this campaign, music that is so familiar to many people of my era will now be embraced by a whole new generation," says Yoko Ono. "John's music set out to inspire change, and in standing up for human rights, we really can make the world a better place."
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up