Anna Nicole Smith's Body Getting Embalmed
Following the court order issued by Broward County Circuit Judge Larry Seidlin, Anna Nicole Smith's body was finally embalmed and locked away in a local medical examiner's office on Saturday, February 17, 2007.
Dr. Joshua Perper, the Broward County medical examiner, remarked that two embalmers from a Fort Lauderdale funeral called to perform the task finished the job around noon after making a start about 9:15 a.m.
"They did a good job, and the body's able to be viewed," Perper told the Miami Herald. "She will look virtually like she looked in real life."
Saying it was then placed in a black body bag and stored in a refrigerated room, Perper added that the body is "well under lock and key and inaccessible to anybody who doesn't have the key.'' It will remain there for some time while awaiting developments in a Fort Lauderdale courthouse.
In related news, Bahamas Immigration Minister Shane Gibson, who fast-tracked Smith's application for permanent residency on the island chain, placed a resignation yesterday night, February 18, in a flap over his relationship with the former Playboy Playmate.
"I want to apologize to all persons who may in any way have been offended by anything that I have said, done, or perceived to have said or done," Gibson said on state TV. "To the extent that my beloved country has in any way suffered from anything that I was perceived to have said or done, I want to apologize to the Bahamian people as a whole."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says