Anna Nicole Smith's Body Getting Embalmed
Following the court order issued by Broward County Circuit Judge Larry Seidlin, Anna Nicole Smith's body was finally embalmed and locked away in a local medical examiner's office on Saturday, February 17, 2007.
Dr. Joshua Perper, the Broward County medical examiner, remarked that two embalmers from a Fort Lauderdale funeral called to perform the task finished the job around noon after making a start about 9:15 a.m.
"They did a good job, and the body's able to be viewed," Perper told the Miami Herald. "She will look virtually like she looked in real life."
Saying it was then placed in a black body bag and stored in a refrigerated room, Perper added that the body is "well under lock and key and inaccessible to anybody who doesn't have the key.'' It will remain there for some time while awaiting developments in a Fort Lauderdale courthouse.
In related news, Bahamas Immigration Minister Shane Gibson, who fast-tracked Smith's application for permanent residency on the island chain, placed a resignation yesterday night, February 18, in a flap over his relationship with the former Playboy Playmate.
"I want to apologize to all persons who may in any way have been offended by anything that I have said, done, or perceived to have said or done," Gibson said on state TV. "To the extent that my beloved country has in any way suffered from anything that I was perceived to have said or done, I want to apologize to the Bahamian people as a whole."
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'