Richard Eyre Finds "The Other Man"
Finding his next directing vehicle after "Notes on a Scandal", British filmmaker Richard Eyre has landed deals to helm a film feature entitled "The Other Man" which currently in the early stages of development, The Hollywood Reporter learns.
Not only directs, Eyre is also on duty to pen the script, adapted from a short story by renowned German author Bernard Schlink, alongside frequent collaborator Charles Wood. Filming is slated to start this fall in Berlin, Germany with HBO Films being involved in the development.
"It's about a man whose wife dies, and he discovers she has had another life," Eyre described the story. "So he goes in search of the other man. Schlink's short stories are excellent - not many people know about them."
Eyre, a native of Barnstaple, Devon, England, has long been known as an acclaimed stage director who has won numerous theatre awards for his works, including three Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards. His past big screen credits among others were "The Ploughman's Lunch", "Laughterhouse", and "Iris", which won Jim Broadbent an Oscar for best supporting actor in 2002.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby