Richard Eyre Finds "The Other Man"
Finding his next directing vehicle after "Notes on a Scandal", British filmmaker Richard Eyre has landed deals to helm a film feature entitled "The Other Man" which currently in the early stages of development, The Hollywood Reporter learns.
Not only directs, Eyre is also on duty to pen the script, adapted from a short story by renowned German author Bernard Schlink, alongside frequent collaborator Charles Wood. Filming is slated to start this fall in Berlin, Germany with HBO Films being involved in the development.
"It's about a man whose wife dies, and he discovers she has had another life," Eyre described the story. "So he goes in search of the other man. Schlink's short stories are excellent - not many people know about them."
Eyre, a native of Barnstaple, Devon, England, has long been known as an acclaimed stage director who has won numerous theatre awards for his works, including three Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards. His past big screen credits among others were "The Ploughman's Lunch", "Laughterhouse", and "Iris", which won Jim Broadbent an Oscar for best supporting actor in 2002.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified