Richard Eyre Finds "The Other Man"
Finding his next directing vehicle after "Notes on a Scandal", British filmmaker Richard Eyre has landed deals to helm a film feature entitled "The Other Man" which currently in the early stages of development, The Hollywood Reporter learns.
Not only directs, Eyre is also on duty to pen the script, adapted from a short story by renowned German author Bernard Schlink, alongside frequent collaborator Charles Wood. Filming is slated to start this fall in Berlin, Germany with HBO Films being involved in the development.
"It's about a man whose wife dies, and he discovers she has had another life," Eyre described the story. "So he goes in search of the other man. Schlink's short stories are excellent - not many people know about them."
Eyre, a native of Barnstaple, Devon, England, has long been known as an acclaimed stage director who has won numerous theatre awards for his works, including three Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards. His past big screen credits among others were "The Ploughman's Lunch", "Laughterhouse", and "Iris", which won Jim Broadbent an Oscar for best supporting actor in 2002.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie