Richard Eyre Finds "The Other Man"
Finding his next directing vehicle after "Notes on a Scandal", British filmmaker Richard Eyre has landed deals to helm a film feature entitled "The Other Man" which currently in the early stages of development, The Hollywood Reporter learns.
Not only directs, Eyre is also on duty to pen the script, adapted from a short story by renowned German author Bernard Schlink, alongside frequent collaborator Charles Wood. Filming is slated to start this fall in Berlin, Germany with HBO Films being involved in the development.
"It's about a man whose wife dies, and he discovers she has had another life," Eyre described the story. "So he goes in search of the other man. Schlink's short stories are excellent - not many people know about them."
Eyre, a native of Barnstaple, Devon, England, has long been known as an acclaimed stage director who has won numerous theatre awards for his works, including three Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards. His past big screen credits among others were "The Ploughman's Lunch", "Laughterhouse", and "Iris", which won Jim Broadbent an Oscar for best supporting actor in 2002.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage