Richard Eyre Finds "The Other Man"
Finding his next directing vehicle after "Notes on a Scandal", British filmmaker Richard Eyre has landed deals to helm a film feature entitled "The Other Man" which currently in the early stages of development, The Hollywood Reporter learns.
Not only directs, Eyre is also on duty to pen the script, adapted from a short story by renowned German author Bernard Schlink, alongside frequent collaborator Charles Wood. Filming is slated to start this fall in Berlin, Germany with HBO Films being involved in the development.
"It's about a man whose wife dies, and he discovers she has had another life," Eyre described the story. "So he goes in search of the other man. Schlink's short stories are excellent - not many people know about them."
Eyre, a native of Barnstaple, Devon, England, has long been known as an acclaimed stage director who has won numerous theatre awards for his works, including three Laurence Olivier Theatre Awards. His past big screen credits among others were "The Ploughman's Lunch", "Laughterhouse", and "Iris", which won Jim Broadbent an Oscar for best supporting actor in 2002.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'