"300" Gets IMAX Treatment
Fully understands the great advantage of placing its epic project "300" on more sophisticated theaters, Warner Bros. Picture has officially announced that the Zack Snyder-directed feature will also come to IMAX theaters on March 9, 2007, the scheduled date for the flick's release in conventional theaters.
"Warner Bros. Pictures and the filmmakers are very excited to bring this unique cinematic experience to both conventional and IMAX theatres this spring," Warner Bros.' President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman stated. "The immersive IMAX Experience will transform this film, offering audiences an alternative way to view this highly-charged picture."
The first feature motion picture to open in IMAX theaters this year, "300" is a big screen adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same title which presents a ferocious retelling of the ancient battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Snyder also wrote the script alongside Michael Gordon and Kurt Johnstad with Mark Canton, Bernie Goldmann, Gianni Nunnari, and Jeffrey Silver all producing.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?