"300" Gets IMAX Treatment
Fully understands the great advantage of placing its epic project "300" on more sophisticated theaters, Warner Bros. Picture has officially announced that the Zack Snyder-directed feature will also come to IMAX theaters on March 9, 2007, the scheduled date for the flick's release in conventional theaters.
"Warner Bros. Pictures and the filmmakers are very excited to bring this unique cinematic experience to both conventional and IMAX theatres this spring," Warner Bros.' President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman stated. "The immersive IMAX Experience will transform this film, offering audiences an alternative way to view this highly-charged picture."
The first feature motion picture to open in IMAX theaters this year, "300" is a big screen adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same title which presents a ferocious retelling of the ancient battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Snyder also wrote the script alongside Michael Gordon and Kurt Johnstad with Mark Canton, Bernie Goldmann, Gianni Nunnari, and Jeffrey Silver all producing.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!