Jessica Simpson Pulled Out of the "Kennedy Center Honors"
Jessica Simpson has asked for removal. The pop singer was unhappy with her second try at paying tribute to Dolly Parton for the "Kennedy Center Honors" on December 2nd and hence wants for a removal.
Simpson, performing at the Kennedy Center Honors, was attempting to sing Parton's classic hit "9 to 5." Unfortunately, she flubbed the words during a taping of the annual show causing her to walk out the stage in tears. Lucky for her that the show producers gave her a second chance which, sad to say, didn't go much better.
And after viewing a tape of her performance, Simpson requested the second attempt be pulled from the show, which airs Dec. 26 on CBS. "She really wasn't happy with her performance and she did want it to be perfect for Dolly, who she idolizes," said Cindi Berger, a spokeswoman for Simpson.
"We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors," said George Stevens Jr., show producer.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards