Jessica Simpson Pulled Out of the "Kennedy Center Honors"
Jessica Simpson has asked for removal. The pop singer was unhappy with her second try at paying tribute to Dolly Parton for the "Kennedy Center Honors" on December 2nd and hence wants for a removal.
Simpson, performing at the Kennedy Center Honors, was attempting to sing Parton's classic hit "9 to 5." Unfortunately, she flubbed the words during a taping of the annual show causing her to walk out the stage in tears. Lucky for her that the show producers gave her a second chance which, sad to say, didn't go much better.
And after viewing a tape of her performance, Simpson requested the second attempt be pulled from the show, which airs Dec. 26 on CBS. "She really wasn't happy with her performance and she did want it to be perfect for Dolly, who she idolizes," said Cindi Berger, a spokeswoman for Simpson.
"We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors," said George Stevens Jr., show producer.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist