Jessica Simpson Pulled Out of the "Kennedy Center Honors"
Jessica Simpson has asked for removal. The pop singer was unhappy with her second try at paying tribute to Dolly Parton for the "Kennedy Center Honors" on December 2nd and hence wants for a removal.
Simpson, performing at the Kennedy Center Honors, was attempting to sing Parton's classic hit "9 to 5." Unfortunately, she flubbed the words during a taping of the annual show causing her to walk out the stage in tears. Lucky for her that the show producers gave her a second chance which, sad to say, didn't go much better.
And after viewing a tape of her performance, Simpson requested the second attempt be pulled from the show, which airs Dec. 26 on CBS. "She really wasn't happy with her performance and she did want it to be perfect for Dolly, who she idolizes," said Cindi Berger, a spokeswoman for Simpson.
"We appreciate the time and energy Ms. Simpson put into this event and respect the high standards she has for herself and that of the Kennedy Center Honors," said George Stevens Jr., show producer.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy