More About "The Smurfs"
More tidbits have been revealed on "The Smurfs" as producer Jordan Kerner eagerly sat down and shared some info about the upcoming project with Moviehole.net.
Claiming he has been researching the Hanna-Barbera's popular 80s cartoon extensively, Kerner confirmed that the flick is planned to be a trilogy which can fill in all the "holes" of the TV series, making clear the unexplained things happened in the episodes.
"...We've plugged all those holes in a trilogy of three movies, and we reveal things as we go along," so he said, adding that the movie will also provide a back-story of Gargamel, the evil wizard whose main goal is to destroy the Smurfs.
What interesting here is that the movie will be "the animated Lord of the Rings" which has the epic and adventure-packed feel in the vein of the famed franchise, only being done in a lighter and goofier tone.
"It's a comic version, but still very heartfelt, version of Lord of the Rings - though not literally Lord of the Rings, but an epic story like that," Kerner remarked while saying he has already obtained approval from those who presently run the franchise of this little blue juggernaut concerning the concept.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016