More About "The Smurfs"
More tidbits have been revealed on "The Smurfs" as producer Jordan Kerner eagerly sat down and shared some info about the upcoming project with Moviehole.net.
Claiming he has been researching the Hanna-Barbera's popular 80s cartoon extensively, Kerner confirmed that the flick is planned to be a trilogy which can fill in all the "holes" of the TV series, making clear the unexplained things happened in the episodes.
"...We've plugged all those holes in a trilogy of three movies, and we reveal things as we go along," so he said, adding that the movie will also provide a back-story of Gargamel, the evil wizard whose main goal is to destroy the Smurfs.
What interesting here is that the movie will be "the animated Lord of the Rings" which has the epic and adventure-packed feel in the vein of the famed franchise, only being done in a lighter and goofier tone.
"It's a comic version, but still very heartfelt, version of Lord of the Rings - though not literally Lord of the Rings, but an epic story like that," Kerner remarked while saying he has already obtained approval from those who presently run the franchise of this little blue juggernaut concerning the concept.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival