The "Revenge" Plan Is Shut Down
After being put on hold earlier this month, "Revenge of the Nerds" sadly has come to its end this time. Variety learned that Fox Atomic has officially concluded to stop the production on the project originally plotted for a summer release next year.
The reason behind this decision is said to be due to the dissatisfaction felt by the president of Fox Atomic, Peter Rice, concerning the dailies and his assumption that the movie has a smaller scale than the kind of film he is planning to release under the studio banner. The picture itself previously faced a refusal from officials at Atlanta's Emory University dealing with the on-campus shooting permit.
Intended to be a remake of the 1984 comedy of the same title, the picture actually had completed its cast which included names like Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan, and Dan Byrd while taking in Kyle Newman to direct.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease