The "Revenge" Plan Is Shut Down
After being put on hold earlier this month, "Revenge of the Nerds" sadly has come to its end this time. Variety learned that Fox Atomic has officially concluded to stop the production on the project originally plotted for a summer release next year.
The reason behind this decision is said to be due to the dissatisfaction felt by the president of Fox Atomic, Peter Rice, concerning the dailies and his assumption that the movie has a smaller scale than the kind of film he is planning to release under the studio banner. The picture itself previously faced a refusal from officials at Atlanta's Emory University dealing with the on-campus shooting permit.
Intended to be a remake of the 1984 comedy of the same title, the picture actually had completed its cast which included names like Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan, and Dan Byrd while taking in Kyle Newman to direct.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show