The "Revenge" Plan Is Shut Down
After being put on hold earlier this month, "Revenge of the Nerds" sadly has come to its end this time. Variety learned that Fox Atomic has officially concluded to stop the production on the project originally plotted for a summer release next year.
The reason behind this decision is said to be due to the dissatisfaction felt by the president of Fox Atomic, Peter Rice, concerning the dailies and his assumption that the movie has a smaller scale than the kind of film he is planning to release under the studio banner. The picture itself previously faced a refusal from officials at Atlanta's Emory University dealing with the on-campus shooting permit.
Intended to be a remake of the 1984 comedy of the same title, the picture actually had completed its cast which included names like Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan, and Dan Byrd while taking in Kyle Newman to direct.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen