The "Revenge" Plan Is Shut Down
After being put on hold earlier this month, "Revenge of the Nerds" sadly has come to its end this time. Variety learned that Fox Atomic has officially concluded to stop the production on the project originally plotted for a summer release next year.
The reason behind this decision is said to be due to the dissatisfaction felt by the president of Fox Atomic, Peter Rice, concerning the dailies and his assumption that the movie has a smaller scale than the kind of film he is planning to release under the studio banner. The picture itself previously faced a refusal from officials at Atlanta's Emory University dealing with the on-campus shooting permit.
Intended to be a remake of the 1984 comedy of the same title, the picture actually had completed its cast which included names like Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan, and Dan Byrd while taking in Kyle Newman to direct.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'