The "Revenge" Plan Is Shut Down
After being put on hold earlier this month, "Revenge of the Nerds" sadly has come to its end this time. Variety learned that Fox Atomic has officially concluded to stop the production on the project originally plotted for a summer release next year.
The reason behind this decision is said to be due to the dissatisfaction felt by the president of Fox Atomic, Peter Rice, concerning the dailies and his assumption that the movie has a smaller scale than the kind of film he is planning to release under the studio banner. The picture itself previously faced a refusal from officials at Atlanta's Emory University dealing with the on-campus shooting permit.
Intended to be a remake of the 1984 comedy of the same title, the picture actually had completed its cast which included names like Katie Cassidy, Jenna Dewan, and Dan Byrd while taking in Kyle Newman to direct.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding