Gary Winick Collects "Letters to Juliet"
Already succeeded in obtaining the rights to make "Letters to Juliet" based on Lise and Ceil Friedman's upcoming book of the same title, Summit Entertainment has appointed Gary Winick to helm the project, Variety has reported.
The movie will present a contemporary romantic story derived from the book's content which compiles the missives that lovelorn people all over the world have written to storied star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet. Patrick Wachsberger and Eric Feig are both set to produce alongside Applehead Pictures' Ellen Barkin and Caroline Kaplan.
Winick, founder of New York City-based independent film production company InDigEnt, recently wrapped up filming "Charlotte's Web" for Paramount Pictures. Some of his past helming credits included "Sweet Nothing", "Tadpole", and "13 Going On 30."
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'