Gary Winick Collects "Letters to Juliet"
Already succeeded in obtaining the rights to make "Letters to Juliet" based on Lise and Ceil Friedman's upcoming book of the same title, Summit Entertainment has appointed Gary Winick to helm the project, Variety has reported.
The movie will present a contemporary romantic story derived from the book's content which compiles the missives that lovelorn people all over the world have written to storied star-crossed lover Juliet Capulet. Patrick Wachsberger and Eric Feig are both set to produce alongside Applehead Pictures' Ellen Barkin and Caroline Kaplan.
Winick, founder of New York City-based independent film production company InDigEnt, recently wrapped up filming "Charlotte's Web" for Paramount Pictures. Some of his past helming credits included "Sweet Nothing", "Tadpole", and "13 Going On 30."
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors