"Prada" Sold Big in Foreign Market
Already fared great in domestic market, 20th Century Fox's "The Devil Wears Prada" now is expanding its success to overseas. Satisfyingly garnered $19.4 million from 33 territories, the comedic drama has escalated to reach its peak on the weekend box office overseas, taking over the top place from Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center."
Despite its slight drop, "World" turns out to still score well enough on the chart as it managed to snatch $12.5 million drawn from 33 markets to make an overseas total of $40 million. Right behind this Paramount production is another comedy feature, "Click", which smoothly added another $8.8 million it got from 51 markets into its third-place feedbag.
Taking a peek on the fourth rank, here seats Disney/Pixar's enjoyable flick of "Cars" with the $3.1-million income it earned from 21 territories to make worldwide tally of $452.5 million so far. "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" followed up next on number five after gaining $2.6 million from 33 territories, rounding up the top five films for weekend international box office ended October 8, 2006.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video