The 2006 American Music Awards Nominees
This year American Music Awards has been over-flown with many famous music figures. For more than a dozen artists vie for two and even three nominations. Among those lucky nominees, there is Red Hot Chili Peppers who leads the nominees with three, which are for Favorite Artist in the Alternative Music category, and Favorite Band, Duo or Group and Favorite Album for their chart-topping "Stadium Arcadium" in the Pop/Rock field.
Alongside the band, there's also Mariah Carey who is up for Favorite Female Artist in both the Pop/Rock and Soul/Rhythm & Blues categories, as well as Favorite Album in the latter category for "The Emancipation of Mimi". Additionally, Black Eyed Peas and Nickelback also get three nominations each, whereas the likes of Mary J. Blige, Eminem, Kanye West, Jamie Foxx, T.I., Rascal Flatts, The Pussycat Dolls, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, earn two nominations each.
The 2006 American Music Awards will be presented Nov. 21 at the Los Angeles Shrine Auditorium during a three-hour ABC-TV special. Nominees were chosen based on record sales, while winners will be selected by a survey of about 20,000 listeners. Visit http://abc.go.com/specials/ama.html for the complete list of the awards nominees.
More Red Hot Chili Peppers News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers