The 2006 American Music Awards Nominees
This year American Music Awards has been over-flown with many famous music figures. For more than a dozen artists vie for two and even three nominations. Among those lucky nominees, there is Red Hot Chili Peppers who leads the nominees with three, which are for Favorite Artist in the Alternative Music category, and Favorite Band, Duo or Group and Favorite Album for their chart-topping "Stadium Arcadium" in the Pop/Rock field.
Alongside the band, there's also Mariah Carey who is up for Favorite Female Artist in both the Pop/Rock and Soul/Rhythm & Blues categories, as well as Favorite Album in the latter category for "The Emancipation of Mimi". Additionally, Black Eyed Peas and Nickelback also get three nominations each, whereas the likes of Mary J. Blige, Eminem, Kanye West, Jamie Foxx, T.I., Rascal Flatts, The Pussycat Dolls, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, earn two nominations each.
The 2006 American Music Awards will be presented Nov. 21 at the Los Angeles Shrine Auditorium during a three-hour ABC-TV special. Nominees were chosen based on record sales, while winners will be selected by a survey of about 20,000 listeners. Visit http://abc.go.com/specials/ama.html for the complete list of the awards nominees.
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian