Danny Glover Gets Heroic in "Toussaint"
Danny Glover is getting deeper into filmmaking. According to Production Weekly, the "Saw" actor is set to carry out his second directorial feature work in an action epic feature titled "Toussaint" for Louverture Films.
In making up the project, Glover has already lined-up several big names like Wesley Snipes, Don Cheadle, and Angela Bassett in the cast list while preparing to start the production later this year in South Africa. The actor is also producing alongside Chris Curling and Joslyn Barnes who will pen the script with Vijay Balakrishnan.
Based on the 1791-1804 successful slave uprising in Haiti, "Toussaint" will depict the struggle of a Haitian revolution hero Toussaint L'Ouverture in his effort to lead his people breaking free from slavery to then establish the first independent black republic in his country.
First straying into directing field through the 1994 TV-movie of "Override", Glover has been recognized as a prolific actor with more than 80 acting works in screen features of various genre. His next movie "Dreamgirls", also starring Beyonce Knowles, Jamie Foxx, and Eddie Murphy, is scheduled to hit theaters on December 21 this year.
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas