Brooke Shields Gets Apology from Tom Cruise
After involved in a war of words last year over anti-depressant medication, Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise finally have mended their friendship.
As confessed by Shields during her interview with Jay Leno on his "Tonight Show" on September 1, the "Collateral" actor has delivered an apology toward her for criticizing her use of the medicine. The actress previously had revealed publicly that she consumed the antidepressants when being diagnosed with postpartum depression following the birth of her first child.
"He came over to my house and gave me a heartfelt apology," she said. "I did not feel that he was trying to convince me of anything other than the fact that he was deeply sorry. And I accepted it."
Responding to the tidings, Cruise's spokesperson Arnold Robinson has given confirmation of it. "It is true that his friendship with Ms. Shields has been mended," so he admitted. "(But) he has not changed his position about antidepressants, which, as evidenced by the black label warnings issued by the FDA on these types of drugs, are unhealthy."
More Brooke Shields News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2