Sean Astin Getting "Forever Strong"
Sean Astin is back to football-themed flick after his 1993 film of "Rudy." The 35-year-old actor has been reported to sign a deal for a lead role in "Forever Strong", a production of Go Films which has provided Arielle Kebbel a starring vehicle in "Outlaw Trail." However, unlike his role as a football athlete in "Rudy", here Astin will play a social worker instead.
Featuring other names like Sean Faris and Neal McDonough, pic is entrusted in Ryan Litte's hands to direct with David Pliler penning the script. Little is also seating as the movie's producer alongside Adam Abel. As for the story, the film will take focus on a talented but troubled football player who has to face the team his father coaches at the national championship.
Best known for his portrayal of Sam Gamgee in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, Astin is last seen appearing alongside Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale in Columbia's comedic feature of "Click." His next big screen projects include "What Love Is", "Borderland", and "The Final Season", of which film crew experienced helicopter crash last month.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!