Sting Awarded the Title of Doctor of Music
Veteran musician Sting has on Friday May 5th, 2006 been granted an honorary degree from Newcastle University, marks his becoming a Doctor of Music (DMus).
In addition to him, there were also six other people granted the degrees from the institution.
Dr. John Hogan, the registrar at the University, said: "The seven individuals being honored, with their many achievements, have contributed to the reputation of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the north-east as a thriving center of creativity. The university is honored that they have accepted our wish to celebrate them."
More Sting News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof