Sting Awarded the Title of Doctor of Music
Veteran musician Sting has on Friday May 5th, 2006 been granted an honorary degree from Newcastle University, marks his becoming a Doctor of Music (DMus).
In addition to him, there were also six other people granted the degrees from the institution.
Dr. John Hogan, the registrar at the University, said: "The seven individuals being honored, with their many achievements, have contributed to the reputation of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the north-east as a thriving center of creativity. The university is honored that they have accepted our wish to celebrate them."
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4