Sting Awarded the Title of Doctor of Music
Veteran musician Sting has on Friday May 5th, 2006 been granted an honorary degree from Newcastle University, marks his becoming a Doctor of Music (DMus).
In addition to him, there were also six other people granted the degrees from the institution.
Dr. John Hogan, the registrar at the University, said: "The seven individuals being honored, with their many achievements, have contributed to the reputation of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the north-east as a thriving center of creativity. The university is honored that they have accepted our wish to celebrate them."
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose