Sting Awarded the Title of Doctor of Music
Veteran musician Sting has on Friday May 5th, 2006 been granted an honorary degree from Newcastle University, marks his becoming a Doctor of Music (DMus).
In addition to him, there were also six other people granted the degrees from the institution.
Dr. John Hogan, the registrar at the University, said: "The seven individuals being honored, with their many achievements, have contributed to the reputation of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the north-east as a thriving center of creativity. The university is honored that they have accepted our wish to celebrate them."
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC