Sting Awarded the Title of Doctor of Music
Veteran musician Sting has on Friday May 5th, 2006 been granted an honorary degree from Newcastle University, marks his becoming a Doctor of Music (DMus).
In addition to him, there were also six other people granted the degrees from the institution.
Dr. John Hogan, the registrar at the University, said: "The seven individuals being honored, with their many achievements, have contributed to the reputation of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the north-east as a thriving center of creativity. The university is honored that they have accepted our wish to celebrate them."
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash