Actor Jet Li Sued Over "Fearless"
Jet Li is sued over his new film "Fearless", which a Chinese kung fu master Huo Yuanjia's relatives claimed to dishonor and misrepresent the life of Yuanjia.
Thus, Li has his name listed in the March 7 lawsuit, in addition to the film's producers and distributors, with the reason that he "not only played the lead role but participated in the making and production of the movie," the official Xinhua News Agency said Sunday, citing lawyer Yang Zhonghai.
Huo Shoujin, Huo Yuanjia's grandson, claimed "Fearless" contains numerous fabrications about his grandfather's life and besmirches his reputation. And so he wants the film not to be released worldwide and instead pulled from theaters in Asia while also demanding a public apology from the filmmakers.
The lawsuit, moreover, also named the Beijing Film Studio under the China Film Group Corp. and distributor Anle Film Co.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'