Actor Jet Li Sued Over "Fearless"
Jet Li is sued over his new film "Fearless", which a Chinese kung fu master Huo Yuanjia's relatives claimed to dishonor and misrepresent the life of Yuanjia.
Thus, Li has his name listed in the March 7 lawsuit, in addition to the film's producers and distributors, with the reason that he "not only played the lead role but participated in the making and production of the movie," the official Xinhua News Agency said Sunday, citing lawyer Yang Zhonghai.
Huo Shoujin, Huo Yuanjia's grandson, claimed "Fearless" contains numerous fabrications about his grandfather's life and besmirches his reputation. And so he wants the film not to be released worldwide and instead pulled from theaters in Asia while also demanding a public apology from the filmmakers.
The lawsuit, moreover, also named the Beijing Film Studio under the China Film Group Corp. and distributor Anle Film Co.
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star