Actor Jet Li Sued Over "Fearless"
Jet Li is sued over his new film "Fearless", which a Chinese kung fu master Huo Yuanjia's relatives claimed to dishonor and misrepresent the life of Yuanjia.
Thus, Li has his name listed in the March 7 lawsuit, in addition to the film's producers and distributors, with the reason that he "not only played the lead role but participated in the making and production of the movie," the official Xinhua News Agency said Sunday, citing lawyer Yang Zhonghai.
Huo Shoujin, Huo Yuanjia's grandson, claimed "Fearless" contains numerous fabrications about his grandfather's life and besmirches his reputation. And so he wants the film not to be released worldwide and instead pulled from theaters in Asia while also demanding a public apology from the filmmakers.
The lawsuit, moreover, also named the Beijing Film Studio under the China Film Group Corp. and distributor Anle Film Co.
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'