Actor Jet Li Sued Over "Fearless"
Jet Li is sued over his new film "Fearless", which a Chinese kung fu master Huo Yuanjia's relatives claimed to dishonor and misrepresent the life of Yuanjia.
Thus, Li has his name listed in the March 7 lawsuit, in addition to the film's producers and distributors, with the reason that he "not only played the lead role but participated in the making and production of the movie," the official Xinhua News Agency said Sunday, citing lawyer Yang Zhonghai.
Huo Shoujin, Huo Yuanjia's grandson, claimed "Fearless" contains numerous fabrications about his grandfather's life and besmirches his reputation. And so he wants the film not to be released worldwide and instead pulled from theaters in Asia while also demanding a public apology from the filmmakers.
The lawsuit, moreover, also named the Beijing Film Studio under the China Film Group Corp. and distributor Anle Film Co.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser