Actor Jet Li Sued Over "Fearless"
Jet Li is sued over his new film "Fearless", which a Chinese kung fu master Huo Yuanjia's relatives claimed to dishonor and misrepresent the life of Yuanjia.
Thus, Li has his name listed in the March 7 lawsuit, in addition to the film's producers and distributors, with the reason that he "not only played the lead role but participated in the making and production of the movie," the official Xinhua News Agency said Sunday, citing lawyer Yang Zhonghai.
Huo Shoujin, Huo Yuanjia's grandson, claimed "Fearless" contains numerous fabrications about his grandfather's life and besmirches his reputation. And so he wants the film not to be released worldwide and instead pulled from theaters in Asia while also demanding a public apology from the filmmakers.
The lawsuit, moreover, also named the Beijing Film Studio under the China Film Group Corp. and distributor Anle Film Co.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers