Paul Simon, the BMI's Icon
Many of his music projects have been considered as "unique and indelible influence on music makers" that BMI then respectfully honored him an Icon Award. Who is the lucky recipient? He is Paul Simon, who soon followed by other previous recipients like Brian Wilson, James Brown, Chuck Berry, and Van Morrison.
To receive award for different category is rapper Lil Jon, who at that Tuesday event was named BMI's songwriter of the year for his work on four songs, including Usher's "Yeah!" and Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-Leek." In companion with those mentioned, Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down nabbed the song of the year prize for "Here Without You."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance