Paul Simon, the BMI's Icon
Many of his music projects have been considered as "unique and indelible influence on music makers" that BMI then respectfully honored him an Icon Award. Who is the lucky recipient? He is Paul Simon, who soon followed by other previous recipients like Brian Wilson, James Brown, Chuck Berry, and Van Morrison.
To receive award for different category is rapper Lil Jon, who at that Tuesday event was named BMI's songwriter of the year for his work on four songs, including Usher's "Yeah!" and Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-Leek." In companion with those mentioned, Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down nabbed the song of the year prize for "Here Without You."
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo