Paul Simon, the BMI's Icon
Many of his music projects have been considered as "unique and indelible influence on music makers" that BMI then respectfully honored him an Icon Award. Who is the lucky recipient? He is Paul Simon, who soon followed by other previous recipients like Brian Wilson, James Brown, Chuck Berry, and Van Morrison.
To receive award for different category is rapper Lil Jon, who at that Tuesday event was named BMI's songwriter of the year for his work on four songs, including Usher's "Yeah!" and Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-Leek." In companion with those mentioned, Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down nabbed the song of the year prize for "Here Without You."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival