Paul Simon, the BMI's Icon
Many of his music projects have been considered as "unique and indelible influence on music makers" that BMI then respectfully honored him an Icon Award. Who is the lucky recipient? He is Paul Simon, who soon followed by other previous recipients like Brian Wilson, James Brown, Chuck Berry, and Van Morrison.
To receive award for different category is rapper Lil Jon, who at that Tuesday event was named BMI's songwriter of the year for his work on four songs, including Usher's "Yeah!" and Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-Leek." In companion with those mentioned, Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down nabbed the song of the year prize for "Here Without You."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed