Paul Simon, the BMI's Icon
Many of his music projects have been considered as "unique and indelible influence on music makers" that BMI then respectfully honored him an Icon Award. Who is the lucky recipient? He is Paul Simon, who soon followed by other previous recipients like Brian Wilson, James Brown, Chuck Berry, and Van Morrison.
To receive award for different category is rapper Lil Jon, who at that Tuesday event was named BMI's songwriter of the year for his work on four songs, including Usher's "Yeah!" and Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-Leek." In companion with those mentioned, Mississippi rock band 3 Doors Down nabbed the song of the year prize for "Here Without You."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group