Death Threat Against BTS' Jimin Being Investigated by Texas Police
Celebrity

The Fort Worth police confirm they are aware of the threat made against the singer, whose group will perform at a sold-out concert in Texas on September 16.

AceShowbiz - Authorities are taking a recent death threat against BTS' (a.k.a. Bangtan Boys) member Jimin seriously. The Fort Worth police took to Twitter on Thursday, May 10 to confirm that they are currently investigating the death threat. "We are aware of the threat made to the BTS concert (in Sept) and it is currently being investigated/looked into," read the post.

The Fort Worth Police responded to the death threat after fans alerted the authorities of the death threat. @TaehyungsBabe95 tweeted, "Hello @VisitFortWorth will you be so kind to forward this threat to BTS on your venue to the proper Convention Center authorities so they will tighten their security?any threat should be considered serious due to the past experiences in other venues @BigHitEnt."

The fans are concerned about their idol's safety after someone posted a creepy message on Q&A social app Curious Cat, "I'm going to shoot Park Jimin with a Glock 19 in Fort Worth on September 16 while he signs Serendipity. It's going to be fun seeing his lifeless body hit the floor."

The unidentified user added, "He's been alive way too long and always getting in the way. Why I'm telling you this? Because nothing can happen to me on cc, ask the armys getting racist ccs for being n***as."

BTS is scheduled to perform at the Fort Worth Convention Center Arena in Fort Worth, Texas on 15 and 16 September as part of their "Love Yourself World Tour". Tickets to the concerts have been sold out.

BigHit Entertainment, which represents BTS and its members including Jimin, says in a statement regarding the death threat, "The company is aware of the matter. Regardless of the authenticity of the threats, we plan to do our utmost and take all necessary measures in responding to actions that may threaten the safety of the [BTS] members and their fans."

Referring to a similar threat made against the 22-year-old idol in March last year, the company says, "There was a similar case in the past. We made meticulous, thorough preparations back then as well, and the matter was resolved without any actual incident." The company adds, "We plan to prepare while keeping a close eye on the situation."

You can share this post!

Related Posts