Charlie Sheen: 'Two and a Half Men Will Fail With Ashton Kutcher'
Charlie Sheen was fired from the TV comedy "Two and a Half Men" in March following a dispute between him and creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre, which became a very nasty public public feud.
Ashton Kutcher was confirmed as his replacement on Friday, May 13, prompting Sheen to take aim at the show and it's new star.
A statement obtained by TMZ.com reads, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer... Oh wait, so am I!"
"Enjoy the show America. Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo (demographic) every Monday, WB (Warner Bros.)."
And he signs off with a warning to his successor, adding, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
Kutcher will join Sheen's former co-stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones when the sitcom returns after a lengthy hiatus later this year.
In a statement, Kutcher insists he won't be trying to replace Sheen on the show: "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my a** off to entertain the hell out of people."
Reports suggest the actor will earn between $800,000 (GBP500,000) and $900,000 (GBP562,500) per episode.
More Charlie Sheen News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident