Charlie Sheen: 'Two and a Half Men Will Fail With Ashton Kutcher'
Charlie Sheen was fired from the TV comedy "Two and a Half Men" in March following a dispute between him and creator/executive producer Chuck Lorre, which became a very nasty public public feud.
Ashton Kutcher was confirmed as his replacement on Friday, May 13, prompting Sheen to take aim at the show and it's new star.
A statement obtained by TMZ.com reads, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer... Oh wait, so am I!"
"Enjoy the show America. Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo (demographic) every Monday, WB (Warner Bros.)."
And he signs off with a warning to his successor, adding, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
Kutcher will join Sheen's former co-stars Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones when the sitcom returns after a lengthy hiatus later this year.
In a statement, Kutcher insists he won't be trying to replace Sheen on the show: "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my a** off to entertain the hell out of people."
Reports suggest the actor will earn between $800,000 (GBP500,000) and $900,000 (GBP562,500) per episode.
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris