Beyonce Speaks Out About Splitting From Manager Dad
The music boss Mathew Knowles has been behind his daughter Beyonce Knowles ever since she broke through with Destiny's Child, but the pair parted ways earlier this year.
Speaking out about the split, Beyonce tells Billboard magazine there was no big falling out between father and daughter.
She says, "It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas."
"I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own (and), at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way."
"We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger