Beyonce Speaks Out About Splitting From Manager Dad
The music boss Mathew Knowles has been behind his daughter Beyonce Knowles ever since she broke through with Destiny's Child, but the pair parted ways earlier this year.
Speaking out about the split, Beyonce tells Billboard magazine there was no big falling out between father and daughter.
She says, "It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas."
"I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own (and), at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way."
"We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch