Beyonce Speaks Out About Splitting From Manager Dad
The music boss Mathew Knowles has been behind his daughter Beyonce Knowles ever since she broke through with Destiny's Child, but the pair parted ways earlier this year.
Speaking out about the split, Beyonce tells Billboard magazine there was no big falling out between father and daughter.
She says, "It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas."
"I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own (and), at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way."
"We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic