Beyonce Speaks Out About Splitting From Manager Dad
The music boss Mathew Knowles has been behind his daughter Beyonce Knowles ever since she broke through with Destiny's Child, but the pair parted ways earlier this year.
Speaking out about the split, Beyonce tells Billboard magazine there was no big falling out between father and daughter.
She says, "It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas."
"I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own (and), at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way."
"We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist