Jesse James Blames Ego for Hurting Sandra Bullock, Will Never Cheat on New Love
The TV mechanic Jesse James' marriage to "The Blind Side" star Sandra Bullock fell apart in March 2010 when his infidelities were exposed in a U.S. tabloid, just days after she thanked him for "having her back" during her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
James, who is now set to wed celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D, accepts he is "100 per cent to blame" for the heartbreaking betrayal, but he's adamant his new wife-to-be will never have to worry about his infidelities.
He tells CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight, "I'm 100 per cent to blame, I take full accountability for my actions, you know, no one forced me to do what I did."
"She (Sandra Bullock) told me before that she forgives me... but there's probably people now that I'm closer to than I ever was to her."
When asked if he was referring to his current fiancee Von D, he replies, "I think so. I think I took a look at the things I never wanted to look at before. With Kat, I have a partner and we're connected on a higher level."
And James believes he treated Bullock badly because his ego had become so inflated after landing a huge movie star as a wife.
He adds, "That's what I need to ask, was it (relationship with Bullock) me trying to be a bigshot, was it just my ego? Like, 'I'm Jesse James, I'm a bad motherf**ker and I can have a movie star for a wife.' I think a lot of that was, it was my ego and that's why I hurt her and why I didn't just leave the relationship when I should have, because my ego said I need this wife so I'm cool or so people like me or whatever. The bad recipe for anything - I think you should follow your heart and what's right for you and like Kat, we were friends for a long time, and had mutual respect, and I think that was the problem, I don't think me and Sandy were ever really friends. We met and went straight into marriage and that was that."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!