Jesse James Blames Ego for Hurting Sandra Bullock, Will Never Cheat on New Love
The TV mechanic Jesse James' marriage to "The Blind Side" star Sandra Bullock fell apart in March 2010 when his infidelities were exposed in a U.S. tabloid, just days after she thanked him for "having her back" during her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
James, who is now set to wed celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D, accepts he is "100 per cent to blame" for the heartbreaking betrayal, but he's adamant his new wife-to-be will never have to worry about his infidelities.
He tells CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight, "I'm 100 per cent to blame, I take full accountability for my actions, you know, no one forced me to do what I did."
"She (Sandra Bullock) told me before that she forgives me... but there's probably people now that I'm closer to than I ever was to her."
When asked if he was referring to his current fiancee Von D, he replies, "I think so. I think I took a look at the things I never wanted to look at before. With Kat, I have a partner and we're connected on a higher level."
And James believes he treated Bullock badly because his ego had become so inflated after landing a huge movie star as a wife.
He adds, "That's what I need to ask, was it (relationship with Bullock) me trying to be a bigshot, was it just my ego? Like, 'I'm Jesse James, I'm a bad motherf**ker and I can have a movie star for a wife.' I think a lot of that was, it was my ego and that's why I hurt her and why I didn't just leave the relationship when I should have, because my ego said I need this wife so I'm cool or so people like me or whatever. The bad recipe for anything - I think you should follow your heart and what's right for you and like Kat, we were friends for a long time, and had mutual respect, and I think that was the problem, I don't think me and Sandy were ever really friends. We met and went straight into marriage and that was that."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance