Jesse James Blames Ego for Hurting Sandra Bullock, Will Never Cheat on New Love
The TV mechanic Jesse James' marriage to "The Blind Side" star Sandra Bullock fell apart in March 2010 when his infidelities were exposed in a U.S. tabloid, just days after she thanked him for "having her back" during her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
James, who is now set to wed celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D, accepts he is "100 per cent to blame" for the heartbreaking betrayal, but he's adamant his new wife-to-be will never have to worry about his infidelities.
He tells CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight, "I'm 100 per cent to blame, I take full accountability for my actions, you know, no one forced me to do what I did."
"She (Sandra Bullock) told me before that she forgives me... but there's probably people now that I'm closer to than I ever was to her."
When asked if he was referring to his current fiancee Von D, he replies, "I think so. I think I took a look at the things I never wanted to look at before. With Kat, I have a partner and we're connected on a higher level."
And James believes he treated Bullock badly because his ego had become so inflated after landing a huge movie star as a wife.
He adds, "That's what I need to ask, was it (relationship with Bullock) me trying to be a bigshot, was it just my ego? Like, 'I'm Jesse James, I'm a bad motherf**ker and I can have a movie star for a wife.' I think a lot of that was, it was my ego and that's why I hurt her and why I didn't just leave the relationship when I should have, because my ego said I need this wife so I'm cool or so people like me or whatever. The bad recipe for anything - I think you should follow your heart and what's right for you and like Kat, we were friends for a long time, and had mutual respect, and I think that was the problem, I don't think me and Sandy were ever really friends. We met and went straight into marriage and that was that."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce