Jesse James Blames Ego for Hurting Sandra Bullock, Will Never Cheat on New Love
The TV mechanic Jesse James' marriage to "The Blind Side" star Sandra Bullock fell apart in March 2010 when his infidelities were exposed in a U.S. tabloid, just days after she thanked him for "having her back" during her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
James, who is now set to wed celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D, accepts he is "100 per cent to blame" for the heartbreaking betrayal, but he's adamant his new wife-to-be will never have to worry about his infidelities.
He tells CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight, "I'm 100 per cent to blame, I take full accountability for my actions, you know, no one forced me to do what I did."
"She (Sandra Bullock) told me before that she forgives me... but there's probably people now that I'm closer to than I ever was to her."
When asked if he was referring to his current fiancee Von D, he replies, "I think so. I think I took a look at the things I never wanted to look at before. With Kat, I have a partner and we're connected on a higher level."
And James believes he treated Bullock badly because his ego had become so inflated after landing a huge movie star as a wife.
He adds, "That's what I need to ask, was it (relationship with Bullock) me trying to be a bigshot, was it just my ego? Like, 'I'm Jesse James, I'm a bad motherf**ker and I can have a movie star for a wife.' I think a lot of that was, it was my ego and that's why I hurt her and why I didn't just leave the relationship when I should have, because my ego said I need this wife so I'm cool or so people like me or whatever. The bad recipe for anything - I think you should follow your heart and what's right for you and like Kat, we were friends for a long time, and had mutual respect, and I think that was the problem, I don't think me and Sandy were ever really friends. We met and went straight into marriage and that was that."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!