Miles Kane Outraged Over Clemence Poesy Duet
The Last Shadow Puppets musician, Miles Kane, launched his debut solo album, "Colour of the Trap", this month and reveals he was left fuming when former "Gossip Girl" castmember Clemence Poesy was invited to help record his song "Happenstance".
He tells Scotland's Daily Record, "We were looking for a girl for my son Happenstance then someone from the label met her at a party in Paris. He mentioned that I had a song and would she be up for doing it. Then he got back to me and I asked him, 'What's an actress going to be able to do? She's not going to be able to sing!' I was like, 'What are you doing asking her, you stupid p**ck!'"
But Miles Kane had to backtrack when he realized Poesy is actually a talented singer.
He adds, "She demoed the track and it sounded great so I got her over to the U.K. We met for a coffee and a few weeks later we went into the studio and did it live. It was amazing. It really suits the tune."
Kane is now convinced Poesy, who also starred in Colin Farrell comedy "In Bruges", has a bright future ahead of her, "I had never heard of her. When I got told about her I went and checked out 'In Bruges'. She's amazing and is going to do really well."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media