Nikki Sixx Apologised to Bret Michaels for Poison Jibes
Poison frontman Bret Michaels first suggested hitting the road with Motley Crue, but the concept was dismissed and scoffed at by some members of the rival rock group.
The two bands later stunned fans by announcing the joint tour and scheduling the dates for this summer, and Michaels admits the plan was put into action after Crue star Nikki Sixx approached him and apologized for their previous remarks.
Michaels tells The Arizona Republic, "There was a lot of controversy between Motley Crue and Poison, just some comments they had made about how 'We're not gonna do that kind of tour'. I had said something on stage, like 'Wouldn't it be awesome if for Poison's 25th Anniversary and Motley Crue's 30th, for there to be a tour we did together?' And a couple of the members of their band made some pretty derogatory comments."
"I just said, 'The hell with it. I'm gonna do my own tour.' Then, Nikki (Sixx) said, 'I'm really sorry about some of the comments some of the members made. I really want to do this'. So I think it's gonna be a great tour."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences