Nikki Sixx Apologised to Bret Michaels for Poison Jibes
Poison frontman Bret Michaels first suggested hitting the road with Motley Crue, but the concept was dismissed and scoffed at by some members of the rival rock group.
The two bands later stunned fans by announcing the joint tour and scheduling the dates for this summer, and Michaels admits the plan was put into action after Crue star Nikki Sixx approached him and apologized for their previous remarks.
Michaels tells The Arizona Republic, "There was a lot of controversy between Motley Crue and Poison, just some comments they had made about how 'We're not gonna do that kind of tour'. I had said something on stage, like 'Wouldn't it be awesome if for Poison's 25th Anniversary and Motley Crue's 30th, for there to be a tour we did together?' And a couple of the members of their band made some pretty derogatory comments."
"I just said, 'The hell with it. I'm gonna do my own tour.' Then, Nikki (Sixx) said, 'I'm really sorry about some of the comments some of the members made. I really want to do this'. So I think it's gonna be a great tour."
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'