Gucci Mane to Be Released From Jail in June
The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was detained last month after a warrant was issued for his arrest over allegations he pushed a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanor battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct relating to the alleged incident and he was held in custody as the arrest constituted a violation of his probation stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
Gucci Mane was expected to be handed a hefty 17-month jail sentence for the violation, but on Monday Mane appeared in court in Fulton County, Georgia and was told he will be released by the end of next month, when his probation will also finish.
His representative tells MTV News, "Gucci, appeared in a Fulton County courtroom on Monday afternoon and in less than an hour, our attorney Mark Issa prevailed. Gucci will not only be released in 45 days, but will also end his probation by the last days of June upon his release from jail."
"Gucci looks forward to getting back into the studio and on with his life. Gucci thanks all his fans for the overwhelming love and support they have given."
More Gucci Mane News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair