Gucci Mane to Be Released From Jail in June
The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was detained last month after a warrant was issued for his arrest over allegations he pushed a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanor battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct relating to the alleged incident and he was held in custody as the arrest constituted a violation of his probation stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
Gucci Mane was expected to be handed a hefty 17-month jail sentence for the violation, but on Monday Mane appeared in court in Fulton County, Georgia and was told he will be released by the end of next month, when his probation will also finish.
His representative tells MTV News, "Gucci, appeared in a Fulton County courtroom on Monday afternoon and in less than an hour, our attorney Mark Issa prevailed. Gucci will not only be released in 45 days, but will also end his probation by the last days of June upon his release from jail."
"Gucci looks forward to getting back into the studio and on with his life. Gucci thanks all his fans for the overwhelming love and support they have given."
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale