Gucci Mane to Be Released From Jail in June
The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was detained last month after a warrant was issued for his arrest over allegations he pushed a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanor battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct relating to the alleged incident and he was held in custody as the arrest constituted a violation of his probation stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
Gucci Mane was expected to be handed a hefty 17-month jail sentence for the violation, but on Monday Mane appeared in court in Fulton County, Georgia and was told he will be released by the end of next month, when his probation will also finish.
His representative tells MTV News, "Gucci, appeared in a Fulton County courtroom on Monday afternoon and in less than an hour, our attorney Mark Issa prevailed. Gucci will not only be released in 45 days, but will also end his probation by the last days of June upon his release from jail."
"Gucci looks forward to getting back into the studio and on with his life. Gucci thanks all his fans for the overwhelming love and support they have given."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?