Gucci Mane to Be Released From Jail in June
The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was detained last month after a warrant was issued for his arrest over allegations he pushed a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanor battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct relating to the alleged incident and he was held in custody as the arrest constituted a violation of his probation stemming from a 2005 assault conviction.
Gucci Mane was expected to be handed a hefty 17-month jail sentence for the violation, but on Monday Mane appeared in court in Fulton County, Georgia and was told he will be released by the end of next month, when his probation will also finish.
His representative tells MTV News, "Gucci, appeared in a Fulton County courtroom on Monday afternoon and in less than an hour, our attorney Mark Issa prevailed. Gucci will not only be released in 45 days, but will also end his probation by the last days of June upon his release from jail."
"Gucci looks forward to getting back into the studio and on with his life. Gucci thanks all his fans for the overwhelming love and support they have given."
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free